Contract Administrator Senior
Lockheed Martin is seeking a Contracts Administrator for a position in Grand Prairie, TX supporting the Emerging Programs area within the Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) business area. This is a dynamic business area which requires knowledge of US Government (FAR-based) as well as Other Contracting Authority (OTA) contracts. The position requires the candidate to have strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) with experience in administering research and development contracts. Knowledge of ITAR and IP requirements, as well as commercial contracting experience is desired. Given the number of unusual and complex business arrangements that could develop, the candidate will be expected to use a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation, while working in a fast-paced environment.
Solutions may serve as precedents for future decisions. The position will be responsible for supporting the Emerging Programs area with contract administration, negotiations, proposal preparation, closeout, and special projects, as assigned, including the following:
(1) Advise business area leadership of contractual rights, obligations, and risks.
(2) Compile and analyze contractual data; maintain and archive historical information in accordance with US Government regulations and company policies and procedures.
(3) Review and evaluate customer requests for proposal or revisions to contracts. Perform risk assessments and offer approaches to mitigate risks, including alternative contractual language, as required. Evaluate and coordinate proposal submissions. Investigate and reconcile significant contract changes involving cost, specifications, schedules, etc.
(4) Work in conjunction with associated functional organizations and customers to ensure conformance with contractual obligations, to remain cognizant of problem areas, and work with business area leadership to implement the required corrective actions.
(5) Proactively implement controls to ensure proper execution of contract requirements and research requests for proposals. Prepare contract documents authorizing work to commence on a given contract or proposal within established cost, price, and schedule objectives.
(6) Being the lead and providing guidance and advise for other Contract Administrators.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
Must be a US Citizen
Excellent presentation skills; both oral and written
Experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
Ability to travel to customer sites a few times per year
Knowledgeable of ITAR and intellectual property requirements
Experience with multiple contract types (FPIF, FFP, CPAF, CPFF, T&M, etc.)
The ability to learn new skills and have existing ability to do research online
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Detail and teamwork oriented.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martinâ€™s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customersâ€™ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where weâ€™re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Grand Prairie Texas
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top