Business Development Manager (Energy / Utility / Waste)
Provide overall leadership of strategy and business development activities for the Military & Federal Businesses within Lockheed Martin Energy. Lockheed Martin Energy is major line of business within Missile & Fire Controls (MFC). Responsibilities to include, but not limited to...
• Lead and manage BD and Grow the Military/Federal line of business to $100M+
• Ability to market and sell new technology (Flow battery, waste to energy) and mature technology (energy efficiency, demand response, energy storage) to strategic customers as needed
• Assess and build effective global customer and industry partner relationships.
• Develop growth strategies within existing and new customer organizations for waste to energy markets
• Manage to produce winning proposals
• Facilitate strategic thinking throughout the business to react quickly to changing market environment. Coordinate development of plans with businesses across MFC and LM as appropriate.
• Support corporate horizontal integration and improve strategic working relationships across MFC , LMGA and throughout the corporation.
• Track record of successful shaping and winning new business in global public and private sectors in the $50M+ range
• Knowledge of military and federal energy requirements and fit for LM Energy
• Familiarity with all federal budgets and contracting mechanisms
• Track record of managing budgets larger than $5M
• Track record of closing deals and meeting annual quotas in the $50M+ range
• Minimum of 10 years in the federal/military energy industry
• Broad knowledge of policy, finance and other environmental factors impacting sustainability technologies
• Established and successful reputation and superior examples of building new customer relationships from scratch
• Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external senior executives
• Experience in executive reviews for a complex business development process; to include opportunity identification, developing business cases, and capture management for both large commercial and federal programs
• Proactive, superior attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
Effective cross-functional team building skills and demonstration of integrating into new organizations
• Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
• Strong strategic thinking and planning skills
• Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
• Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
Demonstrated ability of integration into new organizations and companies
• Experience building large, diverse teams and driving enterprise-wide initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to gather and communicate market intelligence in order to anticipate emerging trends within the energy industry and hedge against competitor strategies
•Track record of successful shaping and winning new business in the Energy sector
• Demonstrated ability to create and execute strategic and creative solutions for an innovative, new, and growing market
• Demonstrated ability to translate highly technical solutions and products in the energy business (e.g., waste to energy, energy efficiency retrofits in the industrial and commercial business area, energy savings performance contracting, resiliency) into creative mission solutions for customers
• Experience in understanding customer business models and commercial sales forces for multiple energy sector industries such as major industrial customers, municipalities, and government entities
• Experience in business planning with strategic goals and identifying opportunities as part of the business development planning process to achieve established business area growth goals.
Technical background in waste to energy or related energy field
• Experience in developing business strategies for key opportunities by aligning planning and processes in developing sales campaigns.
• Familiarity with long duration energy storage segments across military and federal segments
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Grand Prairie Florida, Grand Prairie Maryland, Grand Prairie Texas
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top