Associate RF Design Engineer / MMW + Microwave / Chelmsford, MA
Lockheed Martin is seeking to hire an RF engineering entry level professional at our campus in Chelmsford, Massachusetts. We offer an excellent working environment with a mix of cutting edge design and genuine hands on electronics laboratory testing and product development. This exciting role will offer the opportunity to work with and learn from some of our top industry leading RF and microwave design professionals. This RF engineering role is ideally suited and is an incredible opportunity for an aspiring RF design enthusiast.
The Associate RF / microwave engineer will support the manufacturing of complex multi-function modules used in challenging high reliability applications. The engineer will be responsible for analysis and troubleshooting of circuits for advanced electronic modules to include: amplifiers, mixers, switches, frequency generation circuits and frequency conversion circuits. The engineer will be responsible for providing technical support to our manufacturing operation to resolve assembly and test issues.
The engineer will learn from and collaborate with other engineering disciplines to include hardware engineers, systems engineers, and circuit design engineers as well as technicians and manufacturing support personnel. The engineer may attend industry conferences and learn about industry best practices in their engineering field.
We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities.
Applicants selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Chelmsford, MA is a charming suburb of Boston located about 25 miles northwest of that city. Chelmsford is very close to historic Lowell Massachusetts and to Nashua, New Hampshire. Chelmsford is within reach of New Hampshire's White Mountains and awesome ski areas to the north, and the scenic coastal towns of MA and NH are about an hour east. This scenic colonial region offers lots of New England charm, great schools, shopping, and restaurants. Chelmsford and the region share an impressive past from the early days after the pilgrims arrived in Plymouth to the revolutionary war. Where can you get to from Chelmsford? Chelmsford is about 90 minutes from Cape Cod. Boston is about 30 minutes to the east without traffic. New York City is about 4.5 hours away from Chelmsford. Waterville Valley and other major ski resorts of New Hampshire and Vermont are about 2 to 3 hours to the north.
• Basic Qualifications for this position will include a BS degree in electrical engineering or closely related technical field and related coursework. This is an entry level role.
• A keen interest in the field of RF / Radar / Microwave engineering and technologies is essential
• Coursework in electromagnetics field is required.
• Academic knowledge of RF/ microwave and electromagnetic theory is required.
• Interest / ability to troubleshoot designs and resolve integration issues is required.
• The ability to coordinate effectively with the efforts of other engineers and technicians is required.
• Interest / ability and academic experience with the use of RF/ microwave test equipment is required
• Academic experience with reviewing and interpreting technical documentation such as specifications, schematic diagrams and test data is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Strong organization skills are required.
• The ability to obtain a government clearance is required. The ability to obtain a interim secret clearance prior to start is required.
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
• Related RF undergrad internship experience is desired.
• Demonstrated academic achievement in the field of RF is desired.
• Academic experience with microelectronics assembly techniques is desired.
• Academic experience of successful RF / microwave project design is desired.
• Familiarity with RF/ microwave circuit simulation or 3D electromagnetic simulation tools is desired.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Chelmsford Massachusetts
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top