Armorer - Weapons Repair
• Reviews Technical Manuals and Technical Repair Standards of weapons to verify accuracy and updates of repair procedures.
• Coordinates work flow with coworkers
• Coordinates ordering of required parts and verifies parts are correct for repair
• Verifies parts in inventory are correct when received from the vendor
• Works with the Program Management Office (PMO) to solve engineering problems.
• Provides PMO with guidance on weapon/parts deficiency and provides solutions.
• Orders required tools to repair weapons and ensures current tools are serviceable
• Maintains control of Property controlled items and ensures calibrated items remain compliant
• Orders calibrated items if failed calibration and responds to any Out of Tolerance reports.
• Verifies paperwork for accuracy and errors
• NDI certified for weapon inspection
• Travels to customer sites CONUS and OCONUS for onsite repairs and inspections
• Engineers processes to conduct repairs in more efficient and effective ways and present them to PMO's for review
• Ensures range procedures are current and enforced
• Will represent the Company and Project while traveling.
• Ensures all deadlines are met and will be able to adapt on their own to last second customer requirements.
Please note the following position contingencies as you consider this position; more detail will be provided if you are selected for an interview.
• Due to the nature of this position selected applicants will be required to complete and receive a satisfactory result on the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory Test (MMPI) within XYZ period of time after accepting an offer.
• This position requires a Secret clearance, US Citizenship is a requirement for consideration
Ability to inspect, refinish, and perform the full range of work involved in the maintenance, repair and modification of foreign and domestic weapons systems.
Ability to perform initial acceptance inspection which will consist of diagnosis and location of mechanical deficiencies or manufacturer defects of small arms and accessories.
Ability to perform disassembly, inspect all parts by visual, gauge or operational means. Determine exact nature of repairs required. Replace broken or worn parts in accordance with specifications of manufacturer or technical manuals and bulletins. Reassemble weapons systems and perform necessary functions checks.
Must be proficient in the operation of hand and machine tools, precision gauges, hammers, punches, files, stones, test instruments, jigs, lathes, milling machines, surface grinders and alignment devices utilized in making repairs and modifications.
Ability to perform as an instructor on standard and non-standard small arms weapons systems.
Keep detailed performance and maintenance records on weapons. Computer Skills and Experience is a requirement.
Experience bead blasting & preparing metal parts for refinishing.
Experience with support functions: ammo inventory & residue turn-in, tool and capital equipment maintenance, calibration control, and weapons cleaning.
OEM Certifications on the following weapons platforms: Remington 870,700,1187; Glock; Barrett; Colt; Heckler & Koch; Beretta & Knights Armament.
NRA Range Safety Officer Certification
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Lexington Kentucky
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top