- Herndon, VA
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, and we'll build a better tomorrow with you!
Are you ready to further your career working for one of the top companies in the world?
Would you like the opportunity to work with a leading team on a new groundbreaking program?
In this role, you will:
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with program stakeholders
• Design and implement UX/UI solutions based on customer defined requirements
• Design interfaces and user experiences for application developers
• Create and design graphical user interface elements for print, web, and UI
• Develop UI mockups and prototypes
• Manage and maintain graphic file library including, final approved documents, photographs, logos and art
• Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
• Participate in various projects and/or meetings, and complete other tasks as assigned
Position is contingent upon program award expected late 2020 or early 2021
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly explain the trade-offs between possible software solutions
• Ability to design and implement UX solutions around customer needs
• Awareness of accessibility concerns
• Passion and ability to learning new languages, technologies, and UX/UI trends
• Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
• Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Angular.js, Vue.js, D3, React
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle including distributed version control, continuous integration and agile development techniques
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
•Paid time off
•25 three-day weekends
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top