Test Fixture Intern - Drones
Description: Lockheed Martin Procerus Technologies (LMPT) is a leader in developing and producing world-class avionics and payload technologies used in numerous small unmanned aircraft systems (UAS). Its products deliver innovative UAS solutions for the defense, aerospace, industrial and scientific markets including the Indago VTOL System, advanced Kestrel Autopilot flight systems, light-weight Perceptor Gimbal and small, on-board Vision Processing Unit.
Our team is seeking an engineering intern with an interest in drones. This individual will participate in multi-disciplined product design engineering tasks associated with developing test fixtures for unmanned aircraft systems. Our ideal candidate will need to be self-motivated and have interest in learning product design from concept to test. This position will involve hardware and software development for test fixtures to test the components the Indago quadcopter. This position will be required to work with small teams on quick-turn products from conception to manufacturing including flight tests, documentation and product repair.
- Strong self-starter required
- Capable of working well alone or as a team member
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering student starting their 4th year. 3rd year students of exceptional caliber to be considered as well
- PCB Design and/or layout experience desired. Digital design preferred over analog
- Experience implementing small embedded systems (Arduino/Teensy/Raspberry Pi/etc...). Experience writing code for small embedded systems. Experience interfacing with off-board relays, sensors, serial devices, etc.... Hobby experience okay
- Experience troubleshooting electrical problems
- Tenacious and inquisitive nature. Willing to dig-in to a problem and resolve it without getting frustrated
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top