Test Field Engineer
- Pascagoula, MS
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Overall responsibility for ensuring all AEGIS Weapons Control System (WCS) equipment and related interfaces to include Fire Control System(FCS) and Kill Assessment (KA) element are operational and available. Reports to the AWS Engineering Lead.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Ensure Combat System (CS) elements are fully functional and ready to support all test and operational events.
• Responsible for Weapons equipment suites, setup configurations, equipment interfaces and data extraction requirements.
• Identify and resolve equipment and computer program issues.
• Support conduct of special tests and investigations.
• Responsible for your area of expertise to include plan, brief and execution of tests procedures.
• Work as a team with other systems engineers, computer program developers, test engineers, technicians, and customer representatives to support Aegis Weapon System (AWS).
• Analyze test results and report findings as necessary for functional tests involving WCS, WDRC, and FCS.
• Support Combat System Alignment Verification (CSAV) testing.
• Experience on NAVY surface vessels, preferably AEGIS
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• This role requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship
• BS in a technical field
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience interfacing with customers
• Demonstrated ability to own the process and move forward with minimal direction
• Experience working with DoD systems and architectures
• Aegis Weapon System (AWS) Platform experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top