- Herndon, VA
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Are you an accomplished Test Engineer?
In this role you will:
• Perform functional software testing, automated software testing, system administration, or technical analysis.
• Analyze requirements and identify functional and/or performance test cases.
• Evaluate test results and provide feedback to team members and project stakeholders.
• Learn new tools independently.
• Identify opportunities for improvement in current processes and implement new processes.
• Deliver strong communication skills (written & verbal); ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Participation in an Agile development team.
• Perform Risk management activities.
• Create testing environments
• Create and manage test documentation
• Identify test gaps/risks and propose tests to fill gaps
• Provide guidance to PM on ability to deploy on live system based on testing rigor and risk assessment planning
• Create schedules for testing and test completion
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience (within the last 10 years) in test engineering.
• Demonstrated experience designing and documenting applications test plans.
• Demonstrated experience conducting software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
• Demonstrated experience designing test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
• Demonstrated experience developing or specifying standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
• Demonstrated experience regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
• Demonstrated experience documenting software defects, using bug tracking systems, and report defects to software developers.
• Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering technical solutions to the field.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Demonstrated experience using automated testing tools.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top