Technician Sr Spec
Description: Primary focus of this position will be in support of the Courtland Cable and Harness fabrication shop. Duties include but are not limited to: Fabrication of cable assemblies for flight and ground support hardware. Electronic, mechanical, or electromechanical assembly. Constructing, troubleshooting, calibrating, adjusting, testing, and maintaining equipment, components, devices, and or systems. Successful candidate must have a solid understanding of engineering drawings, be able to interpret those drawings, and build assemblies with minimal work instructions. Make initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws. Perform a variety of hands-on electrical assembly and minor mechanical assembly tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations. Basic math and computer skills are required. May conduct in process quality inspections on work in process in accordance with quality specifications. Make continuity checks on work in process and completed. May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions. Successful candidate must possess the ability work well with others on the team, to communicate technical issues to Manufacturing / Quality Engineers, and support corrective actions.
Desired Skills: Experience with test instrumentation (accelerometers, thermocouples, and strain gages). Basic knowledge of test equipment (DITMCO, O-scope, etc.). Prior experience / certifications related to the specific job description. Willingness and ability to support occasional travel to remote sites in support of production operations
• Have significant experience with harness fabrication / cable and connector assembly.
• Be a self starter - capable of working independently, with minimal direction.
• Possess the willingness and ability to work extended hours and weekends to support production demand.
• Have skills and experience in the use of a variety of tools and materials, related to electrical cable / wire harness fabrication and basic mechanical assembly.
• Have significant experience with, and understanding of, building deliverable hardware built to military / flight specifications.
• Possess or have the ability to be trained and certified in accordance with LM SSC training requirements to perform all duties related to assigned tasks
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top