Systems Engineer-IT Staff
Description: The Skunk Works (Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program) is looking for world class talent in Software Systems Development to be a part of a team that will carry on our 75 year tradition making history in advanced aircraft development.
This exciting position is with the Skunk Works located in Fort Worth, Texas. This position is for the Domain Lead of the ADP Unclassified Development Network (UDN). This position requires an IT Systems Engineer that has network administration and program management skills. The candidate will be responsible for laboratory design and operations, system installations, upgrades, configurations, software installation, troubleshooting, user interface and support, operations and maintenance (O&M) etc.
The candidate will be responsible for coordinating, maintaining, updating, and developing the plans and proposals for stand alone development networks. This includes coordination with facility planners and program administrators.
The candidate will need to be able to communicate and coordinate information across multiple programs, with program managers, and with executive leadership. The candidate should also be able to lead others and serve as the main project lead for other laboratory and network administrators. The candidate needs to be a self starter, organized, and able to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks.
Additionally, candidates must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Desired Skills: • Ability to work both independently and work closely with others in a team environment
• Ability to work through complex problems successfully
• Working knowledge of modern operating systems like Windows and UNIX/Linux.
• Advanced communication skills with experience presenting and writing technical reports for a technical and non-technical audience
• Configure, integrate, and maintain workstation/s and server software/hardware environments
• Windows Server Administrator (clustered and standalone) (MSCE are desirable)
• Working knowledge of software licensing and software maintenance terms and conditions
• Strong network administration skills and experience
• Possess a DoD 8570, IAM-II level professional certification (i.e. CISSP, CISM, CASP, GSLC, or CAP), or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
• Understanding of Risk Managed Framework (RMF) process and the Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG) (or equivalent government directives).
• Understanding of switches (CCNA are desirable)
• Experience with Windows Active Directory, VMware ESX server clusters, & IP KVM
• Experience with Cloud Computing
• Formal Information System Security Manager/Officer (ISSM/O) experience
• Software Development Experience
• System Architecture Experience
• Systems Engineering Experience
• Project Management Experience
• Customer Presentation Skills
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical discipline
• Laboratory Operations, Network Administration or System Administration Experience
• Experience responding to client requests in a fast paced team environment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top