Systems Engineering Senior Manager
Description: This position is for the Advanced Programs Human Space Exploration (HSE) Senior Manager.
The Systems Engineering Senior Manager will serve as a human spaceflight thought leader; shaping NASA's LEO, Lunar, and Mars exploration enterprise, leading the development of mission and element conceptual designs, and defining Lockheed Martin's strategy to maximize the use of Orion and grow the line of business.
The Systems Engineering Senior Manager will direct Lockheed Martin Space's investments in enabling technology and discriminating intellectual property; oversee the evolution of strategic and technology roadmaps and serve as the principle investigator to manage the formulation and execution of Lockheed Martin's human space exploration Internal Research and Development (IRAD) portfolio.
The Systems Engineering Senior Manager will staff and lead proposal teams to pursue Customer Research and Development (CRAD) and study contracts. The selected candidate will oversee the execution of Phase A/B study contracts.
The Systems Engineering Senior Manager will serve as the Systems Engineering functional manager for an organization of approximately 15 multidisciplinary engineers, technologists, and project managers; coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, career development, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions; assign subordinate employees to programs and internal research and development projects; provide direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance.
The Systems Engineering Senior Manager will establish a broad network of customer and Lockheed Martin enterprise contacts, manage the customer relationships, and serve as a public representative of Lockheed Martin's human space exploration product area.
Desired Skills: - Chief Systems Engineer
- Systems Architect
- Human Spaceflight mission, safety, and human factors requirements
- Orion spacecraft and mission design
- Deep Space Exploration mission operations
- Planning, estimating, and estimating technology development projects
- Cost Account Manager (CAM) or Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Team management to include direct reports
- Establishing and managing contracts and subcontracts
- Familiarity with the NASA customer
- Full Spectrum Leadership experience at Lockheed Martin
- Demonstrated public speaking and advocacy skills
- Leadership skills
- 15 years of experience managing multidisciplinary requirements, design, and analysis
- Program or project management
- Experience developing long range business strategic objectives, tactics, and investment portfolios
- Leading new business pursuits, developing business cases, and writing proposals
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with the customer and build effective relationships
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top