Systems Engineering -- Modeling and Simulation Engineer
- Baltimore, MD
Description:Modeling and Simulation Engineer will work as part of an engineering team to develop models and simulations of a variety of systems and products including naval and missile systems.
• Develop time domain models and simulations of mechanical and electrical systems to predict equipment performance against desired goals and to develop control algorithms for production units for naval ships. Equipment to be analyzed includes: gas turbines, diesel engines, controllable and fixed pitch propellers, water jets, reduction gears, generators, motors, power electronics and integrated propulsion control systems.
• Conduct surveys of equipment and systems onboard naval ships and prepare reports containing analysis of performance and recommendations for future actions.
• Work collaboratively with the modeling and simulation engineers as well as representatives from Software, Systems and other engineering disciplines
• Interface and provide engineering support to development and service engineers, project teams and external customers.
• Bachelor's degree with a major in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
• Demonstrated academic or professional experience with application of control theory or development of time domain simulations for mechanical or electrical systems.
• Knowledge of one or more programming languages, or MATLAB/Simulink.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customer and employees on a technical basis.
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings and to prepare sketches to illustrate requirements.
• Ability to travel on an unlimited/unrestricted basis worldwide. Ability to go aboard US Navy ships to evaluate engine room/machinery spaces and to move about shipyard and marine repair facilities.
• US citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
• Master's Degree in a related technical field.
• Operational or engineering experience in the naval or marine industry.
• Experience with MATLAB/Simulink for time domain modeling development and analysis.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Familiarity with standard Microsoft Office applications.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top