Systems Engineering Intern
Description:This position is for a 2019 Summer Internship position in the Engineering organization in the Rotary and Mission Systems Business Area. Candidate will support systems engineering tasks for Controls, Launchers & Weapons programs and the Littoral Ship Systems Programs.
The Locale: Middle River is an unincorporated community in Baltimore County, Maryland located on the Chesapeake Bay. It is located 10 minutes from Downtown Baltimore, featuring the famous Inner Harbor, National Aquarium, and Fort McHenry - the birth place of the Star Spangled Banner. Amtrak and the Maryland Transit Administration's MARC Train supply both regular and commuter rail service to Baltimore, Washington, DC and surrounding areas. The Middle River facility is less than an hour away from the Lockheed Martin Corporate offices in Bethesda, MD. Baltimore/Middle River is a centralized location on the eastern seaboard and the Lockheed Martin facility is located less than a mile from the Martin State Airport train station allowing for easy commuting to and from many locations on the east coast. Our facility houses an on-site gym, wellness center, and the Lockheed Martin Federal Credit Union. A one to four hour drive takes you to areas such as Washington, DC, Philadelphia, New York, as well as the Virginia/Maryland Eastern Shore, DelMarVa beaches, the Jersey shore, and West Virginia. Annapolis, Maryland, the state capital, is less than an hour away and while there a visit to the home of the United States Naval Academy or traveling the Baltimore and Annapolis bike/hiking trail is a must. Washington, DC is also within a 2 hour drive, featuring many of the national museums, monuments, and memorials as well as the renowned National Zoological Park. Due to the variety of topography, the state of Maryland is known as America In Miniature. This includes the beaches on the Eastern Shore to the marshlands to the mountains in Western Maryland. There are many activities to participate in including hiking/biking trails, league sports, white water rafting, fishing, skiing/snowboarding to name a few.
Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Systems Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college.
Minimum 3.0 GPA
1. Familiarity with system engineering processes, including top-down design, requirements allocation/traceability, and integrated test approach.
2. Willingness to familiarize/learn Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR)
3. Willingness to learn procurement processes and practices
4. Willingness to learn how to preparing bid packages, analyzing and evaluating proposals, negotiating subcontract provisions, selecting subcontractors, developing/releasing Purchase Orders.
5. Experience with agile development a plus.
6. Experience in working within an integrated team environment.
7. Candidate must possess good communication skills and be able to work with minimal day to day supervision.
8. Candidate must be well organized, take direction well, and be a self-starter willing to seek assignments and guidance.
9. Proven ability of working in a group development environment.
10. Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to comprehend and work successfully with complex computer programs.
11. Excellent interpersonal, written, and group communication skills.
Back to top