Systems Engineer Sr
- Baltimore, MD
Description:Senior Systems Engineer supporting the environmental qualification efforts on the Multi-Mission Surface Combatant program. This position will be responsible for:
- leading the qualification efforts for changes to the Multi-Mission Surface Combatant baseline program
- maintaining qualification documentation for the Multi-Mission Surface Combatant program
- liaison between LM and the shipbuilder for qualification impacts to changes
- review of vendor and shipyard provided qualification documents
- interface to US Navy for discussing qualification efforts
- submittal of test procedures, test reports, and CDRL documents for review and approval
The Locale: Middle River is an unincorporated community in Baltimore County, Maryland located on the Chesapeake Bay. It is located 10 minutes from Downtown Baltimore, featuring the famous Inner Harbor, National Aquarium, and Fort McHenry - the birth place of the Star Spangled Banner. Amtrak and the Maryland Transit Administration's MARC Train supply both regular and commuter rail service to Baltimore, Washington, DC and surrounding areas. The Middle River facility is less than an hour away from the Lockheed Martin Corporate offices in Bethesda, MD. Baltimore/Middle River is a centralized location on the eastern seaboard and the Lockheed Martin facility is located less than a mile from the Martin State Airport train station allowing for easy commuting to and from many locations on the east coast. Our facility houses an on-site gym, wellness center, and the Lockheed Martin Federal Credit Union. A one to four hour drive takes you to areas such as Washington, DC, Philadelphia, New York, as well as the Virginia/Maryland Eastern Shore, DelMarVa beaches, the Jersey shore, and West Virginia. Annapolis, Maryland, the state capital, is less than an hour away and while there a visit to the home of the United States Naval Academy or traveling the Baltimore and Annapolis bike/hiking trail is a must. Washington, DC is also within a 2 hour drive, featuring many of the national museums, monuments, and memorials as well as the renowned National Zoological Park. Due to the variety of topography, the state of Maryland is known as America In Miniature. This includes the beaches on the Eastern Shore to the marshlands to the mountains in Western Maryland. There are many activities to participate in including hiking/biking trails, league sports, white water rafting, fishing, skiing/snowboarding to name a few.
- Bachelor's degree in systems or mechanical engineering; math; physics; computer science; or equivalent degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of Systems Engineering experience in the defense or aerospace sector.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with developing and executing detailed test procedures in accordance with Data Item Descriptions.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with developing detailed test reports in accordance with Data Item Descriptions.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Well versed in usage of Microsoft office products
- Must possess or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Experience with military shock qualification testing and MIL-S-901D.
- Experience working with US Navy development programs.
- Experience working with detailed specifications under configuration management.
- Experience interfacing directly with US military technical representatives.
- Interest in program financial management.
- Familiarity with ABS Naval Vessel Rules and other military specifications for technical design.
- Experience working with environmental qualification specifications and Data Item Descriptions.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top