Systems Engineer Senior Network Analyst
Description: Note - Work location primarily located at a customer site in the Springfield/Alexandria, VA area.
Lockheed Martin is seeking for a Systems Engineer to join our team to support a 24/7 operations environment as senor mission systems operator and network analysis in our Lorton, VA office. The ideal candidate will work in a systems engineering position on the Mission Operations team. Individual will work rotating 12 hour shifts consisting of 3 daily 12 hour shifts, then 2-3 days off before returning on the opposite 12 hour shift for 3 days. Applicants should be have experience documenting software, systems, or security requirements, understand software development, and support to the testing of those requirements in a time-dominant environment. Applicant should be a highly skilled communicator to all skill levels, be able to respond effectively to changing situations, and be able to properly prioritize, status, and work multiple tasks. Applicants should be capable of working in an operational environment and working closely with customers. Applicants will work with customer(s) and developers to identify and define required changes to operational system requirements. Applicants are expected to maintain high level proficiency in current and emerging technologies and employ those technologies as applicable while serving as technical & training resource to government and contractor personnel.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Desired Skills: - Experience with small team leadership
- Knowledge of networks, firewalls, and switches is desired.
- Knowledge of system or application administration for web-based applications, web-based COTS products is also desired
- Ability to read and understand software baseline transition documentation.
- Ability to drive innovation and efficiencies in the processes used to support operational transitions and anomaly resolution.
This position requires an active TS/SCI FSP Poly to start.
This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
Must have experience in one or more of the following skills:
-Experience in a 24/7 operations environment.
- Ability to provide team leadership in the resolution of high level PRs.
- Ability to assess and triage operational anomalies quickly.
- Ability to coordinate resolution activities utilizing multiple teams from different geographical locations
- Experience with preparing and participating in engineering review boards to include, but not limited to, ERBS, ORRs, CMBs, & ARBs
- Ability to respond to after hours call-ins to support critical operational needs.
- Ability to understand and represent operational interest in design and implementation reviews, release planning, customer assessments, SOP and CONOPs development.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, communicating and coordinating work among system administrators, software developers, systems engineering teams, project engineering, management and customers to resolve high level PRs.
- Must be able to manage multiple activities and external customers with minimal guidance/supervision.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top