Systems Engineer Senior
Description: Our world is a dynamic place, more so today than ever before. Come join us on Special Programs as we navigate the ever-changing global landscape. If you love all things space and get excited about the prospect of building premier spacecraft for our customers, then Special Programs is the place for you to make a difference. Do what matters!
This Systems Engineer role is within the Mission Engineering and Operations (MEO) organization supporting the Payloads Team. The Systems Engineer will support spacecraft operations, primarily through operation software products. In this role, the candidate will develop new software products - design, code, test and install flight products, as well as maintain existing flight products. In support of mission operations, each member of the team is expected to become a subject matter expert in an area of mission support, and to support the rest of the team through reviews, testing and backup support of their flight products. The Systems Engineer must be a strong team player and be able to work collaboratively throughout assigned tasks. On-call 24/7 support and occasional work off-shift hours to respond to program needs, is required.
If you are looking to develop as a spacecraft operations engineer - support the MEO Payloads Team in creating a world class team culture and contribute to a dynamic, fast-moving, high performance team while adapting to ever-changing customer requirements, then this MEO position might be just for you.
The job duties of this Systems Engineer Senior role include:
- Systems engineering role within the Military Support Programs, Mission Engineering & Operations teams.
- Executes responsibility for Payload Subsystem as the subject matter expert for operations to include product development and maintenance and 24/7 anomaly support
- Applies systems engineering and systems integration practices to develop nominal and anomaly operational concepts
- Defines requirements
- Produces a detailed design and validates the design against a proposed architecture
- Develops software and tools; conducts software testing for existing and future systems
- Proficiency in MATLAB, TOPL and Command & Control
- Partners with customers, developers, and operations
- Defines required changes to system requirements, assesses impact of changes, and develops viable systems solutions
- Engages in periodic travel
- Off shift work support required as demands
Desired Skills: - Previous experience with a customer base on a program for Payload or Bus Subsystems, software development, and anomaly resolution
- Multiple system issues in a fast-paced environment
- Windows OS, MS Office suite, SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and develop effective customer relationships and work with senior technical management
- Current or past experience in the design, operations and maintenance of Satellites and associated Ground command and control systems, including Echelon divisions
- Work with minimal direction; be self-motivated; able to lead groups/projects spanning multiple functional groups, companies and/or contracts
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and time-management skills
- Flexibility to adapt to constantly changing requirements and situations
- Assessing risk, properly prioritizing, statusing, and accomplishing multiple tasks
- Payload or Bus Subsystems on Military Support Programs (MSP) or Spacecraft Program
- Systems engineering, electrical engineering, or similar background working with a technical team
- Software and systems engineering/integration utilizing Unix/Linux and/or Windows operating environments
- Must possess active TS/SCI Clearance which requires US Citizenship
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top