Systems Engineer (mid-career)
Description: Space is not a place to go - space is a place to do! Going to space is just the beginning. It's what you do when you get there that matters. Because space is a place to do big, important, epic things that connect people around the world, advance the frontiers of science, and help militaries protect what matters most. Lockheed Martin builds the technology that gets things done in space. Exploring the solar system. Predicting the weather. Delivering precise GPS. Detecting and defeating missile launches. At Lockheed Martin, we don't just think big thoughts. We get things done. So become a Lockheed Martin Space Systems Engineer. You are meant to benefit humanity.
MSP is seeking a strong and dynamic Systems Engineer to lead and coordinate the technical and programmatic impacts of class 1 and class 2 changes. This Systems Engineer role is largely about leading change and systems integration across a large, complex system from concept phase through operations, encompassing ground and space segments. The Systems Engineer will be required to coordinate and shape complete solutions to include cost, schedule and technical aspects for changes ranging from large enhancements to the baseline to small updates for better mission capability. This will also include ensuring our technical solutions have gone through the proper engineering coordination process to include MSP specific change boards (spacecraft working group, engineering review board, change control board etc.). The Systems Engineer will assist with contract changes across the program be it system level or IPT specific. The ideal Systems Engineer candidate will have systems integration skills across spacecraft subsystems, ground, and understand mission level outcomes. The Systems Engineer will demonstrate the critical thinking required to ensure the proposed solution is complete, integrated and provides the best program and customer value. This Systems Engineer role requires strong systems integration and communication skills working with the technical change leads, IPTs, spacecraft management, finance and business operations and contracts. The Systems Engineer will be interacting with all levels of program management from Associate Managers to the MSP Vice president and will be working closely with customer counterparts to ensure that the solution set being proposed meets or exceeds customer requirements at best value.
Desired Skills: - Experience with Lockheed Martin proposal processes, the DoD acquisition process and Lockheed Martin new business processes
- Cost Account Management (CAM) and/or Basis of Estimate (BOE)
- Proposal experience
- Experience with spacecraft and ground systems integration and technical baseline impact analysis
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience leading and influencing the successful execution of a cross-functional team to short and long-term execution timelines
- Able to work with little direction and can learn, understand and represent advanced projects/proposal efforts
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly security clearance
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
- Project or team lead experience
- Systems engineering processes including leadership or primary responsibility for one or more of the following: 1) requirements identification, decomposition and allocation, 2) interface control document and specification development and management, 3) requirements implementation and verification assessment, 4) system-level compatibility assessments (electrical and/or mechanical) and other system-level integration analyses, 5) CONOPs development and maintenance, 6) preparation and execution of major program reviews, including the assembly of objective evidence
- Top Secret Clearance with an investigation in the last 5 years and ability to obtain/maintain TS/SCI w Poly
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top