Systems Engineer (mid career), Huntsville, AL
Description: The candidate will lead and/or support a variety of Systems Engineering efforts in all program phases to include Concepts of Operation (CONOPs) development and maintenance, requirements definition, allocation/derivation, maintenance, and verification/validation. In addition, the candidate will lead and/or support major program reviews including SRR, PDR, CDR, and Pre-Ship Readiness Reviews (PSRR). The candidate will lead and/or support the target requirements verification process to include development of Verification and Test Plans as well as Specifications and Interface Control Documents. The candidate will also coordinate and/or perform various target system analyses in support of mission planning and execution.
The candidate may be required to support missions at various Missile Defense Agency ranges or sites. Some travel will be required.
Desired Skills: - Customer interface experience
- Familiarity with target/missile systems engineering and operations
- Proficiency with DOORS, MatLab, and/or other design and/or analysis tools (e.g., CREO, NASTRAN, SINDA, etc.)
- Current or prior CAM, CPE, and/or CTC certification
- Familiarity with MDA Customer and past experience supporting MDA programs
- Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve complex systems engineering issues
- Proposal preparation experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in an Engineering or related program from an accredited college/university
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience in systems engineering processes including leadership or primary responsibility for one or more of the following: 1) requirements identification, decomposition and allocation, 2) interface control document and specification development and management, 3) requirements implementation and verification assessment, 4) system-level compatibility assessments (electrical and/or mechanical) and other system-level integration analyses, 5) CONOPs development and maintenance, 6) preparation and execution of major program reviews, including the assembly of objective evidence
- DoD Secret level clearance required prior to start
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top