Systems Engineer Lead
- Mt Laurel, NJ
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The system engineer will perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies and recommended requirements allocation to translate customer requirements into system level specifications. Performs system integration and verification testing. Responsibilities will also include interfacing with the customer in performing test and evaluation activities; interfacing with internal software teams to isolate and fix issues as they arise for various functional areas; and supporting the various testing groups; support waterfront installation and testing in-port or at-sea.
Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
• Directing system testing and validation procedures.
• Directing software programming and documentation development.
• Working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
• Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new software or modifications of an existing software.
• Consulting with engineering staff to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
• Designing and developing software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
• Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
• Conferring with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
• Applying mathematics and statistics to problem-solving initiatives.
• Applying best practices and standard operating procedures.
• Creating innovative solutions to meet our product's technical needs.
• Testing new software and fixing bugs.
• Shaping the future of our systems
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Analytics, Computer Engineering, Artificial Intelligence or equivalent.
- Demonstrated potential to work in a team environment on one or more of the following areas: analysis, requirements development, design, modeling, simulation, integration, test.
- Minimum 12 years engineering experience
- Experience with programming
- Familiar with build concepts (compiling, linking, dynamic loading) and comfortable reading a Makefile
- Familiarity with scripting (bash, csh, )
- Familiarity with modern development tools (git, bitbucket/github, Jenkins/automated build tools, eclipse/some IDE, coverity/cppcheck/static analysis tools, valgrind/memory testing tools, gdb
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Analytics, Computer Engineering, Artificial Intelligence or equivalent
- Subject matter expertise in software/simulation development
- Technical leadership experience
- Ability to mentor junior engineers or software developers to expand their knowledge and improve performance
- Comfortable reading, writing, and debugging
- Knowledgeable (or at least familiar) with more advanced concepts like inheritance and polymorphism, templating, memory management
- Familiarity with continuous integration software lifecycle
- Experience translating algorithms / design into code
- Experience in command and control, organic sensors, radars, and systems design is desired
- Algorithm definition/development
- Sensor design/integration
- ET&E, regression, software programming (C/)
- Data analysis and automated testing
- Familiarity with PC and workstation design tools and environments used for system and subsystem engineering.
- Experience in the integration and test of complex systems and subsystems in Command and Control experience is desired.
- Knowledge of system engineering process desired.
- Experience with the C programming language, algorithm and software development is desired.
- Familiarity with computer architectures and algorithm development for a range of system/subsystem applications.
- Strong leadership, administrative, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top