Systems Engineer Flight Test Missile and Ground Communications
Description: Space is not a place to go - space is a place to do! Going to space is just the beginning. It's what you do when you get there that matters. Because space is a place to do big, important, epic things that connect people around the world, advance the frontiers of science, and help militaries protect what matters most. Lockheed Martin builds the technology that gets things done in space. Exploring the solar system. Predicting the weather. Delivering precise GPS. Detecting and defeating missile launches. At Lockheed Martin, we don't just think big thoughts. We get things done.
This position requires a Systems Engineer to lead Flight Test Program responsibilities. The candidate will be responsible for developmental and qualification test programs for maturing designs. Flight Test Programs will encompass the full program life cycle from component development through flight test planning for both conventional and nuclear weapon systems. Responsibilities include integrating testing processes from several customer, co-contractor and subcontractor organizations, interfacing with government and range personnel, developing requirements for ground and flight tests, coordinating asset planning, and range safety documentation. A knowledge of Test Like You Fly (TLYF), limitations of test set-ups and maintenance of test assets is required.
This position requires a government security clearance and only candidates with US Citizenship will be considered.
Desired Skills: 1) Prior experience developing and executing flight test programs with knowledge of recent and relevant government test requirements and lessons learned.
2) Ability to interface frequently with internal and external customers, government range personnel, and asset providers at various management levels regarding the operation and coordination of assets and activities during all program phases.
3) Ability to conduct briefings and participate in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific operations.
4) A track record of ensuring that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
5) An understanding of customer agency, mission area, and technical investments.
6) Demonstrated technical leadership ability on complex large-scale systems.
7) Strong organizational, communication (written/verbal), presentation and decision-making skills.
8) Experience with cost estimation techniques and/or processes.
9) DoD Secret Security Clearance.
1) Weapon System Flight Test planning expertise to include missile and ground communications, government range coordination, approval requirements, test monitoring assets, and launch campaign execution. Test Plan development during the concept design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and/or disposal phases of the plan.
2) Experience with flight test assessment, to include requirements allocations, requirement verification and interface definitions. A cost efficiency approach to validate requirements in the lowest risk, most affordable solution for the customer.
3) US Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top