Systems Engineer Design and Integration
- Huntsville, AL
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Defending against modern day missile threats requires constant collaboration and innovation. That's why we're able to integrate systems from end to end so you can detect, control and engage the full spectrum of missile threats across every domain. It's why we're investing in disruptive technology like directed energy, space-based capabilities and solid state-radar. To create layers of defense that help keep us all safe.
Shooting a missile down with a missile was once a concept only dreamed up in science fiction novels. We've made it scientific fact!
So what does it take to spot an enemy missile launch, identify its intended target, calculate its exact trajectory, launch an interceptor and guide it to destroy the threat in mid-air? All in a matter of seconds? It's not easy - but at Lockheed Martin, we help customers solve the world's most complex challenges. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with perfection and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space is currently seeking experienced System Engineers to be a part of the team developing missile defense technology that could forever change our ability to deter and respond to conflict.
As part of the Systems Engineering team, the successful candidate will perform tasks related to development of the overall System. The successful candidate will have a complete understanding in at least one of the key system engineering disciplines with the opportunity work in all Systems Engineering disciplines to include system design, requirements definition, allocation, maintenance, verification/validation, system integration, systems analysis and test.
In addition, the candidate will support major program reviews including SRR, PDR, and CDR. The candidate may participate in Specification and Interface Control Document development. The candidate may support the requirements verification process to include development of Verification and Test Plans. The candidate may support missile system analyses in support of mission planning and execution. The candidate may support tests at various test ranges. Some travel may be required.
The successful candidate will be involved in all phases of the project life cycle (e.g., architecture development, CONOPS, requirements definition, design, qualification, verification, integration assembly and test). The candidate will work in a team environment and will interface with multiple disciplines, program management and customers to help drive to a complete solution.
Must be a US Citizen. Must have the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance or higher level as needed.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
- Bachelor of Science in engineering or related field
- Demonstrated Systems Engineering (or related) experience and full knowledge of systems processes in one or more of the following areas:
1) Requirements identification, decomposition and allocation
2) Interface control document and element specification development and management
3) Planning or performance of requirement verification
4) System-level missile system analysis
5) Hardware and/or software test planning and/or execution
6) System Integration
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-environment
- DoD Secret level clearance, or interim Secret Clearance
- Customer interface experience
- Experience with one or more of the following:
1) Support to major design reviews
2) Missile system engineering experience
3) DOORS or other requirements tool
4) MatLab, and/or other design or analysis tools
5) Hardware/Software Development
7) Missile or Weapon System Development
8) Performance, Functional, or Software Requirements
9) CONOPS or Architecture Development
10) Support to System Level trade studies
11) Proposal Experience
- Active Top Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top