Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The systems engineer in this position will work across several Aegis programs with responsibilities in Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) and Integrated Air Missile Defense (IAMD) tasking for the Mission Planner and its expansion into emerging areas of mission planning capability.
Tasking will include mission planning architecture inputs for algorithmic design, data analysis, requirements development, modeling and simulation, and software integration and test. This will entail developing solutions to complex mathematical and physics-based problems in mission planning for IAMD scenarios. The successful candidate will work within the Mission Planning team to contribute the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into a total system solution that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
The candidate will support mission planning architecture initiatives for multiple program teams operating within the guidelines of agile development. The mission planning architecture engineer will provide guidance that ensures the Mission Planner product is designed, developed, integrated, and able to be functionally tested. The mission planning architecture engineer will support the development of the Mission Planning products which includes requirements analysis, TPM creation and management, product roadmaps, collaboration with software, supporting software code reviews, understanding differences program configuration, trade studies, database integration, COTS software integration, and interface requirements development. The mission planning architecture engineer will be focused on systems engineering innovation and ensuring Operational Excellence and Mission Success. Must have the ability to obtain a secret security clearance
Follow on tasks will include:
- Communication of the Mission Planning Architectural Vision to the Mission Planner Delivery Leads, Mission Planner teams and senior leadership
- Provide Mission Planning Architecture Guidance during the development of Systems Requirements, Architecture trades, and Concept of Operations for the Mission Planner Products
Desired Skills: - Strong understanding of Aegis and its configurations
- Experience with engineering estimation and Basis of Estimate writing
- Strong experience in architecting solutions (using new and COTS software and hardware systems)
- Strong experience in Model Based Systems Engineering
- Strong experience defining and documenting interface requirements
- Experience with Military Planning and Strategy
- Proven experience with being a part of an integrated team tasked with defining the operational, physical, functional, and technical architecture necessary to develop and describe the vision and desired capabilities for a product
Other Desired Skills Include:
- Cloud computing
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Agile Software Development
- Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Test Automation
- SysML/UML tools (e.g. EA, Rational Rose, Rhapsody)
- Configuration Management
- Agile Process Tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Software Development Tools
- Atlassian Tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins)
- COTS software familiarity
-Technical experience in Command and Control and Ballistic Missile Defense programs, or similar is a plus
- Software Development background is a plus
- Hardware Integration knowledge is a plus
- Experience with the US Air Force and Missile Defense Agency is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), with ability to brief/demo Senior Management and Executive Leadership
- Strong Planning and Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to see multiple tasks through to completion
- Demonstrated ability to perform in an environment with dynamic priorities and varying work tasks
- Strong Systems of Systems Engineering background
- Technical negotiation experience with International customers
- Strong leadership skills
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, physics, electrical engineering or a related field
- Minimum six (6) years related experience
- Experience in systems architecture
- Extensive experience in systems engineering practices and process
- Strong understanding full Systems Engineering lifecycle including integration and test
- Strong systems of systems engineering experience
- Must have the ability to obtain a secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top