Systems Engineer Associate
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position on the F-35 Training Pilot Training Device (PTD) will be responsible for a broad variety of systems engineering tasks associated with the development of Concepts of Operations (CONOPs), system architecture & requirements, detailed designs, and implementation of new capabilities for the F-35 Full Mission Simulator (FMS). This selected candidate will support new capability development for this training device to minimize project risks, improve work product quality, reduce total cost over the system life cycle and improve communications between all stakeholders. Interaction with the F-35 program office and subject matter experts will be required to insure requirements decomposition and fan-out meet warfighter needs. Additionally, the candidate should have a background in Risk and Opportunity Management (ROM), Agile software development processes, system architecture performance, and metrics development and tracking to support new program initiatives as well as current program performance. The Systems Engineer will support design, development and test of complex systems. Tasks include: Development and Analysis of system requirements, development of specifications and test procedures, conduct subsystem and system Integration and Test, formal system acceptance testing, problem documentation and resolution in support to in-house and fielded systems.
This position is part of the F-35 Training Systems organization at the Lockheed Martin Orlando facility at Lake Underhill but supports multiple locations across the F-35 Training System enterprise.
• Basic Understanding of Systems Engineering total lifecycle for complex hardware/software systems including new capability development
• Basic Understanding of Concept of Operations (CONOPs) development and role in System Engineering
• Basic Understanding of Systems Engineering role in Requirements Decomposition
• Basic Understanding of Systems Engineering role in Detailed Design development
• Basic Understanding of Systems Engineering role in Risk and Opportunity Management
• Basic Understanding of Systems Engineering role in metrics development and tracking
• Basic Understanding of Systems Engineering role of maintaining training devices for operations (pilots)
• Basic Understanding of working in an environment with a rigorous, complex change management system/workflow
• Basic Understanding of networked training systems systems/programs and corresponding network requirements
• Basic communication skills (verbal and written) with a demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels (up/down/parallel) both within an organization and with external stakeholders (customers, users, suppliers)
• Basic Understanding of Integration & Test activities, Verification and Validation testing and formal system acceptance.
• Secret security clearance with ability to obtain and maintain F-35 Program Access
• Basic Understanding of systems administration (Windows preferred)
• Basic Understanding of Agile team software development with multiple
• Basic Understanding of large scale system architecture performance and metric tracking
• Basic Understanding of Enterprise Architect (EA) Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
Back to top