Description: The Systems Engineer will be responsible for work in all Systems Engineering phases to include Concepts of Operation (CONOPs) development and maintenance, requirements definition, allocation/derivation, maintenance, and verification/validation. In addition, the Systems Engineer will support and/or lead major program reviews including SRR, PDR/CDR, and Pre-Ship Readiness Reviews (PSRR). The Systems Engineer will support the target requirements verification process to include development of Verification and Test Plans.
The Systems Engineer will participate in Specification and Interface Control Document development. The Systems Engineer will also coordinate and/or perform various target system analyses in support of mission planning and execution. The Systems Engineer may support missions at various Missile Defense Agency ranges. Some travel will be required.
Skills for the Systems Engineer role include: DOORS, Matlab, CREO, NASTRAN, SINDA, electrical design, mechanical design, testing, requirements identification, system-level compatibility assessment, CONOPS, and Secret security clearance.
Desired Skills: - Customer interface experience
- Support to major design reviews, target/missile systems engineering and operations
- DOORS, MatLab, and/or other design and/or analysis tools, such as CREO, NASTRAN, SINDA, etc.
- Electrical and/or mechanical design, testing, troubleshooting, and failure investigation
- CPE and/or CTC certification
- Bachelors or Masters degree in an Engineering program from an accredited college/university
- Microsoft Office
- Systems engineering processes including one or more of the following: 1) requirements identification, decomposition and allocation, 2) interface control document and specification development and management, 3) requirements implementation and verification assessment, 4) system-level compatibility assessments (electrical and/or mechanical) and other system-level integration analyses, 5) CONOPs development and maintenance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top