Description: Our employees are the core of everything we do, and they are helping the future arrive. As a leading technology innovation company, our team of over 100,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
This Enterprise Business Services (EBS) position supports the Lockheed Martin Space division located at the Waterton Facility in Littleton, CO. This position provides Linux system administration services to classified programs architecting new Linux based environments, server and workstation installations, system integration and configuration, and troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
• Lead team of Unix/Linux system administrators responsible for operations and maintenance tasks in support of the infrastructure
• Install, configure, and maintain Linux operating systems and software applications
• Configure Linux operating systems to meet ICD503 security requirements
• Diagnose and resolve hardware/software problems/issues
• Restore/recover data using data backup/recovery software
• Create scripts to automate system administration tasks
• Provide support for Disaster Recovery planning, testing and execution
• Work closely with program to architect new hardware/software requirements
The position maintains and monitors multiple Linux instances running VMWare. Will work with site personnel to maintain backups and optimize performance requirements. Will ensure current patching for security and provide advice for patching schedules and outages. Other responsibilities include guiding the successful completion of major system enhancements and overseeing several aspects of all development activities. Will coordinate between the organization and the customer to gather requirements and priorities for the program. The team is currently poised to advance new technologies and position the organization for new business. Experience is needed with domain knowledge in VM installation, monitoring, system administration, partitioning, replication, load balancing, and performance tuning.
Desired Skills: • Experience with configuration, management, and using PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) authentication services
• Knowledge of configuration management tools and software deployment
• Experience working proposals for new business
• Experience in the setup and management of Storage Area Network (SAN) devices
• Program management knowledge
• Experience administrating Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and/or 2016
• Storage experience
• Experience with LAN/WAN network configurations
• Candidate must have the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
• IAWEP IAT Level 2 or 3 Certification (Security+, CASP, CISSP, or equivalent)
• Extensive experience with Red Hat Linux setup, maintenance, and administration
• Experience with configuration and management of LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
• Experience with scripting (i.e. Perl, Korn Shell, Bourne Shell)
• Experience with Linux security hardening
• Ability to architect solutions
• Experience with VMware
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top