Systems Administrator Staff
Description: This is a ground Operations Engineer/Systems Administrator (OE/SA) position to be fielded at Schriever AFB, Colorado. The OE/SA performs general account maintenance, group policy and anti-virus updates, preventative maintenance, and provides Information Assurance (IA) support. The duties include, but are not limited to: VOIP maintenance, group Policy updates, updating firewall configurations, remapping NAS partitions, push/install new DAT files, file maintenance, and backups (including backups of Backup Exec, GEMX, and mission data), Ghosting workstations (HW remove/replace and rebuild workstations), server/workstation physical maintenance (cleaning, vacuuming, etc.), and password updates.
The OE/SA position requires 24X7 on-call support to the operations team.
Candidate must have experience with computer networking systems. Strong oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to work within an operations team along with close customer interactions, are a must. Position requires frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts, and techniques. Candidate must possess an ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. Candidate is considered a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in computer networking systems. Candidate will be required to develop and maintain OE/SA procedures and support the program's Configuration Management (CM) process. Candidate conducts frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
Selected candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI level security clearance.
Desired Skills: • System admin experience with Backup Exec
• Functional experience with Juniper Firewalls
• System admin experience with network storage systems (SAN server / NAS server)
• Experience with LM Horizon
• Experience pushing mission software updates
• Experience trouble-shooting mission software issues
• Previous experience with operational ground systems
• Knowledge of satellite communications systems
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline. 5+ years of related experience maybe used in lieu of a degree.
• Must meet MIL-STD-8570 requirements for a SA (Security+ certification is a minimum)
• Significant System Admin knowledge and experience on Dell/IBM platforms running Windows7 and Windows Server 2012R2
• System admin experience with Windows Active Directory
• Experience with SUSE and/or RHEL Linux
• Experience with Cisco routers and switches
• Experience maintaining bare-metal and virtual servers
• Understanding of standard DOD security practices such as STIG compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top