Systems Administrator Sr
Description: This position supports the GPS Control Segment Sustainment (GCS) organization at Cape Canaveral AFS, FL and will work closely with the rest of the GCS team in Colorado Springs.
The System Administrator is responsible for implementation, maintenance and support of Linux and Windows operating systems and their associated hardware. This position coordinates and performs software installations and upgrades to the GCS OS/COTS software and database packages ensuring implementation in accordance with established GCS Lab policies and procedures. The System Administrator will also monitor vendor and DoD issued security alerts regarding system vulnerabilities and work with GCS stakeholders to test and implement appropriate patches. Other responsibilities include hardening systems according to Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIG), scanning systems for vulnerabilities, providing documentation to Information Assurance personnel, and recommend system upgrade solutions as needed. Candidate will perform duties to include the following: Backup/Restore/Disaster Recovery, Hardware/System Monitoring, and System/Software/User Maintenance.
Additionally, this position will be required to troubleshoot and resolve system HW and SW issues to restore testing operations. This position will assist with site physical and information security, perform minor COMSEC custodian duties, perform equipment Custodian Account responsibilities, perform records/configuration management duties, complete forward supply point/bench stock logistics duties, coordinate calibration of test equipment, and complete small computer repair duties.
All work must be performed on-site, including off-shift hours, weekends and occasional travel is possible. The position also supports a 24 X 7 weekly on-call rotation schedule if testing requires.
Desired Skills: • Must be willing to support second shift hours and weekend work depending on operational needs.
• Good written and oral communications skills
• Self-starter with the ability to multitask and can work independently with minimal supervision
• Experience operating and loading COMSEC equipment as well as COMSEC policies and procedures
Familiarity with network architecture including routers, switches, firewalls, and routing protocols
• Knowledge and experience with satellite communications technology architecture; Experience troubleshooting SATCOM and IP network problems
• Experience with spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, optical time domain reflectometer (OTDR), fiberscopes, multi-meter, BER test sets, and other RF/electronics test equipment
• Must be able to attain a Secret DoD Security Clearance
• System Administration background and experience in most of the following:
o Backup and System Restoration for Disaster Preparedness
o System Maintenance - Installing OS upgrades, applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, COTS updates
o User Account Maintenance
o System Hardening and IA system scanning tool usage
• Attain DoD 8570 approved baseline certification for IAT Level II (IE CompTIA Security+, GSEC SSCP, CCNA-Security) within 6-months of hire.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top