System Integration/Test Engineer
Description: In support of Global Positioning System (GPS) this Systems Integration and Test Engineer Senior will be responsible for: * Configuration Control of SV for testing, shipping and flight - maintain MBOMs and PBOMs with the accurate components and update all paperwork to verify the configuration is correct for each stage in the lifecycle.
• Strategic Planning - determine lead times and help build AI&T schedules. Pre-plan by creating Advanced Material Lists to ensure all components, spares and size variations are on order and available when needed.
• Work Instructions - create and update instructions in VE-CAMS/SAP
• Build Sequence - understand the overall architecture of the vehicle and be able to translate all of the installation drawings into a logical and efficient build sequence. This also requires an understanding of what can be worked out of sequence due to schedule changes or reworks.
• Floor Support - support the Certified Test Conductors and SV Technicians on complex operations to make sure the work instructions get interpreted the way the author intended to fulfill all engineering requirements.
• Producibility - ability to look at an engineering drawing and determine if the design is feasible. In addition, have the ability to provide feedback to engineering with possible design changes to reduce the amount of effort for manufacturing, assembly, and integration.
Desired Skills: Experience with GPS III Harness Installation and Reworks. Experience developing Out of Position (OOP) and Out of Sequence (OOS) work instructions
Experience supporting assembly, integration, and testing of complex systems.
Ability to use CAD software to analyze designs and create visual work instructions as required.
Experience with engineering data management and retrieval, and reviewing engineering drawings and parts lists.
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
Experience creating written work instructions and maintaining them in electronic systems.
Created/supporting MWI plans in the VECams environment with updates to released MWIs and/or creating new plans.
Experience working in the SAP MRP environment to create and maintain BOMs.
Experience working in an ATLO manufacturing environment to support pretest readiness reviews.
Has a DoD Secret Clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top