System Integration and Test Readiness Engineer (mid-career)
Description: System Integration and Test Readiness Engineer for Military Support Programs to assist ATLO in planning integration and test activities. These include risk reduction testing with development hardware and flight hardware integration and test activities.
Responsibilities include leading the development and updates to integration and test plans, tracking and managing required hardware and software deliveries to support integration and test activities, and chairing Anomaly Resolution Boards to insure rigorous investigation and closure of any anomalies during said activities.
This position will serve as a member of the MSP Systems Design and Integration Team responsible for aspects of the systems engineering process including: systems integration, system level design, design reviews, technical product reviews and delivery, requirements, and integration and test planning.
This position requires a government security clearance and only candidates with US Citizenship will be considered.
Desired Skills: - Active TS/SCI
- At least 5 years of experience with spacecraft development
- Bachelors degree (Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, RF Engineering, or a related technical discipline) with 7+ of related professional experience
- Experience developing detailed integration and test plans or procedures with an understanding of all the interdependencies
- Experience with integration and test and execution
- Experience leading component and subsystem design reviews (PDR, CDR, etc)
- Knowledge and application of the systems engineering process including trade studies, design reviews and system verification knowledge of basic orbital dynamics principles and their application
- Ability to interact with hardware and software developers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and take on numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
- Demonstrated ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and at times incomplete data
- Demonstrated track record of good judgment and programmatic execution necessary to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
- System Integration, and Test experience: Spacecraft level preferred, but box or sub-assembly level accepted
- Comfortable leading cross functional teams
- Comfortable briefing audiences large or small of varying technical knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top