System Administrator/Network Engineer (MES)
- Moorestown, NJ
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is for a highly motivated Engineer knowledgeable in the field of system administration and network engineering for large hardware development lab environments. The successful candidate will be a System Administrator for a large hardware development lab and classified network, primarily responsible for the lab's Linux computing infrastructure.
• Investigate, develop and design the network architecture and assist the software application and development effort as it relates to the computing architecture.
• Responsible for supporting various hardware engineering development programs through their design, fabrication, and test stages. This position involves an in-depth knowledge of LM RMS policies and procedures for the handling & movement of classified hardware, material procurement, generation & answering of problem reports, etc.
• Responsible for lab upkeep facilitation (interface with program leads when equipment needs to be installed or re-arranged in labs)
• Responsible for providing support to the ISSO during peak times
• Responsible for supporting Cyber Security adherence
• Responsible for maintenance and upgrade activities
• Responsible for ensuring successful DCSA security inspections, government audits, and maintaining Authority to Operate (ATO) for classified computing infrastructure
• Occasional non-standard hours required (night, weekend)
• Works under the direction of a senior system administrator and lab architect
- The candidate for this position should be an Engineer with a minimum of 2 years professional experience working as a system administrator or network engineer.
⁻ BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Cisco Switches, Network Test, Network Security, Network Analyzers, Network Management systems
⁻ Ability to address issues and troubleshoot computing and network infrastructure equipment
- Candidate must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance
- Linux/Windows system administration
⁻ Proficient with Linux, C/C++, Shell Scripting, and MATLAB
⁻ Experience with RHEL 5/6/7 and Solaris
- Experience with the implementation of Risk Management Framework (RMF) policies
⁻ Demonstrated ability to practice sound software engineering
⁻ Demonstrated ability to analyze and decompose complex problems and formulate complete hardware and software solutions
⁻ Proficiency in C++ programming and associated OOP paradigms
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team skills
⁻ Ability to be a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with multiple customers
⁻ Demonstrated ability to effectively manage change, identify issues, and work in a team environment to develop solutions
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top