Description: We are seeking a System Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO.
• Maintains smooth operation of local area, worldwide and virtual private networks (VPN).
• Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
• Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
• May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
• Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
• Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
• May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
• May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
Desired Skills: • Cisco experience
• Knowledge and troubleshooting of serial matrix switch
• Knowledge and troubleshooting of Hardware Wall Cross Domain Solution
• Test/troubleshoot A/V equipment and infrastructure
• COMSEC and space crypto equipment
• Active Top Secret / SCI clearance
• Current Security+ certification or higher
• Hands on Juniper switch experience
• Hands on McAfee firewalls experience
• Working knowledge of Linux Red Hat and Microsoft operating systems
• Test/troubleshoot cabling and communication infrastructure
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top