- Littleton, CO
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space. Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems.
The candidate will be a System Administrator for a brand-new enterprise WAN solution: DarkStar! The candidate will be responsible for the support of Multi Level Security system (computation and storage), software, scheduling, and research applications. Responsibilities for System Administration on multiple system platforms and hardware to include but not limited to Red Hat (with SELinux policies enabled), windows. Knowledge and familiarity with San Storage Hardware and System configuration as well as Windows OS is required. Experience working both Windows and Linux is required to be successful on this program.
Candidate must be comfortable working in environment supporting a large number of different platforms which range from enterprise servers to small/midsize servers and supercomputers. Candidate will be responsible for system installations, upgrades, configurations, software installation, troubleshooting, user interface and support, etc. Knowledge of various protocols such as DNS, SMTP, NFS, FTP, Telnet, ssh, and etc protocols and system network tuning and configuration.
To be successful, you will need to possess these basic qualifications:
• Experience customizing and maintaining Red Hat Enterprise Linux Common Operating Environment (COE) to meet various customer requirements (DISA STIGs, DCID 6/3, NNSA regulations, etc.)
• Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7+ Administration and Configuration
• Fiber Channel (SAN and Direct Attach) Storage Array Administration Experience
• Experience with Script Writing
• System Configuration and Hardening
• Demonstrated ability to work seamlessly across organization boundaries
• Self-starter with the ability to spot potential for process improvement
• Capable of building effective relationships with teams and subject matter experts
• Security + Certification (Will need obtain within first 6 months)
To be successful, ideally, you should also have:
• Preferred DoD SECRET clearance with ability to upgrade to TOP SECRET clearance
• Experience with Trusted Multi-Level Security (MLS) Operating Systems
• Experience using Certificate Authorities (CA) and Public Key Infrastructure
• Experience with ICD-503
• Specific experience using RHEL7+ with SELinux enabled
• Specific experience customizing SELinux (targeted or strict) policy for the purpose of
hardening the OS and Software applications such as Apache and Oracle.
• Experience with implementation and sustainment of network time protocol (NTP) distributed servers
• Experience with Domain Capable Windows/Linux/Virtualization
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top