Survivability Systems Engineer, Staff
- Huntsville, AL
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space!
Defending against modern day missile threats requires constant collaboration and innovation. That's why we're able to integrate from end to end, so we can detect, control and engage the full spectrum of missile threats across every domain. It's why we're investing in ground-breaking technology like directed energy, space-based capabilities and solid state-radar to build layers of defense that help keep us all safe! It's not easy - but at Lockheed Martin, we help customers tackle the world's most sophisticated challenges. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
As the Survivability Engineer, you will support the System (SE) Special Disciplines Organization for the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) program in Huntsville, Alabama within one or more of the following areas:
• Ensuring that military space vehicle and missile designs, from the component level to the system level, will meet performance during and after exposure to specified environments; these environments include natural space and manmade radiation
• Applying electrical, electronics and physics theories to execute various tasks related to Survivability field
• Conducting planning, specification derivation, modeling and, test planning and execution, documentation, /validation to support overall system needs and act as consultant for management and customers
• Joining the enterprise Survivability group, participating with other authorities, mentoring and leading peers
• Being the primary adviser/consultant in the field of Survivability for program management and customers.
To be successful you will typically have a Bachelor's degree and 9-14 years of professional experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical , , Device Physics or a related field, or a combination or relevant experience/education
• Experience in Natural Space and Nuclear/Manmade Radiation environments and hardness
• Experience in Software tools for performing electrical simulation (e.g., SPICE, PSPICE, etc.) and mathematical analyses (e.g., MATLAB, etc.)
• Test laboratory environments and associated test subject areas and test equipment (e.g., data acquisition, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and/or signal generators)
• Electronics and /or semiconductor physics and operation
• Ability to acquire and maintain a security clearance, therefore, U.S. Citizenship is required.
• 9+ years expertise in Natural Space and Nuclear/Manmade Radiation environments and
• Specialist in Radiation software tools (e.g., NOVICE, Srim/Trim, Novice/Geant4, Creme96, Creme-mc, Shieldose, Spenvis, Omere, Ap8/Ap8, and Ap9/Ae9)
• Significant experience working in Radiation test facilities [e.g., test labs in universities]
• Significant knowledge of Electronic, electrical, electromechanical and electrooptical (EEEE) components, performance and testing in radiation environments
• Lead anomaly resolution teams
• Missile or space segment and test experience with one or more subsystems or subject areas outside of Systems
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 499,500 hours in 2019. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top