Supply Chain - Procurement Representative Associate
Description:Are you looking for an opportunity to put your college degree to good use? Do you want to be regularly challenged to solve problems? Are you looking for an opportunity that directly effects a company's bottom line? Do you want to work on the most technologically advanced programs in the industry? What better place to work than 2017 Forbes.com recognized Top 10 Employer for Millennials and recognized by Indeed as one of the 2018 Top Rated Companies for Work Life Balance. An opportunity awaits you as a Procurement Representative with Lockheed Martin!
A Procurement Representative is a vital and key component to the Lockheed Martin Supply Chain management team. The selected individual will status, manage, expedite, coordinate, and be accountable in ensuring all parts and hardware are delivered on-time to support Lockheed Martin's production line. Additionally, the individual will need to strategically look forward (120 days) and forecast the delivery of critical hardware to mitigate manufacturing impacts, work and resolve supplier and engineering issues, and implement proactive strategies to assure timely and compliant hardware deliveries. Another responsibility will be to present to Senior Management regarding hardware shortages and delays, and recovery plan / strategy - including chart deck creation for the presentation.
Other activities the Procurement Representative will be involved with is ensuring timely placement of Purchase Orders to suppliers, monitoring and expediting hardware deliveries, and working technical and quality issues at the suppliers. The candidate will be able to broaden their communications skills through their interface with programs and the Southeastern Material Acquisition Center (SEMAC) buying team, as well as being a valuable member of the programs multi-functional team (Engineering, Quality, Finance, Program Management, Contract, etc.) to ensure the program is meeting their Company and Customer commitments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated critical thinking / problem solving abilities
• Able to multi-task several critical assignments at both time and ability to work both independently and within a team structure
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (Power Point, Word, Excel)
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
• Be empowered to work independently to pursue resolving problems
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to coordinate with various disciplines
• Quick leaner who enjoys working challenging tasks
• Ability to interact with senior management, suppliers, and other external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between functional organizations
Back to top