Supplier Quality Engineer
Description: LifePort Inc. is a world leader in the design and manufacture of a variety of fixed wing and rotary wing mission equipment for military and commercial aircraft. In joining the LifePort team, you will be joining a global team committed to delivering quality products and services that delight our customers. LifePort is currently searching for a dependable and results oriented Procurement/Supplier Quality Engineer to make a positive impact at our Woodland, WA facility.
This Procurement/Supplier Quality Engineer at LifePort coordinates with Sourcing, Operations, Design Engineering, the Supply Base and Industry experts to facilitate the design, production, test and qualification of aerospace and defense products. Analyzes technical data, designs, preliminary specifications, manufacturing limitations, supplier facilities, and parts/equipment availability. Investigates and recommends potential suppliers based on assessments of response to specifications, costs, inspection of facilities, and historical performance. Facilitate technical trade-offs and standardization that may lead to more economical procurement. Recommends design changes to mitigate production issues. Leads teams of Supplier and internal staff in collaboratively solving problems in Producibility, Quality, Inspection, Cost, Mistake-Proofing, Test, Reliability and Affordability. This Engineer also will perform any and/or all of the following functions:
• Ensure control of supplier nonconforming items, conducts analyses and monitor effectiveness of corrective actions.
• Translate engineering, manufacturing, and quality requirements, and implement.
• Develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
• Collaborate with internal engineering and manufacturing functions and external suppliers to ensure quality standards are in place.
• Monitor quality control activities and systems at supplier and subcontractor facilities, and maintain feedback loops.
• Perform source surveillance at validation at source inspections, audit third party manufacturers, special process auditing as an approved corporate surveyor including their Sub-Tier suppliers/Sub-contractors, due diligence and Supplier selection process.
• Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
• Prepare, maintain and review procurement quality assurance procedures to assure compliance with customer/government requirements.
• Review and update regularly and ensure all active Suppliers Subcontractors approvals are within their expiry dates, or obtain new updated approval certificates.
• Review and approve or reject New Capability Requests for new Suppliers Subcontractors, check and challenge their accreditation certification.
Desired Skills: Desired skills/experience:
• Minimum of 2 years of Procurement/Supplier Quality Engineer experience.
• Certified in Lean and Six-Sigma quality engineering methodologies and/or similar continuous improvement.
• Fully understands process for Customer quality requirements flowed down to Suppliers.
• Comfortable working across functional areas to effectively execute the Engineer role.
Required skills/ experience:
• CMM experience a plus
• Experience performing receiving inspection of material/ parts/ hardware in accordance with customer specifications/internal processes.
• Experience using precise/controlled measurement tooling.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic.
• Works well in fast-paced environment.
• Works well with team or alone.
• Proven computer skills (minimum ERP/MRP/SAP and MS products such as Excel).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top