Subcontract Program Manager
Description: *This position is contingent on program award****
Manage major subsystems for Advanced Pilot Trainer (APT).
Within this role one will be responsible for the support and management of a major teammate or Supplier on T-50A. Ensure Program goals and plans align with SCM requirements, policies and procedures. Includes integration with multi-function teams to develop and execute complex program plans in support of customer requests. Requires strong business acumen, interpersonal and communication skills. Primary liaison between Integrated Fighter Group (IFG) Leadership, Business Development, Business Ventures and SCM on critical requirements. Develops Strategy, Implementation and Support plans on behalf of SCM and initiates launches implementation within SCM. Coordinates and supports Procurement activities in conjunction with Program needs and objectives. Initiates planning for subcontract budget, schedule and technical performance responsibility on moderate-to-high-risk, performance specification and complex build-to-print subcontracts for DOD and future international programs. Holds procurement reviews on behalf of the established Program Office Authority. Duties include review of customer requirements, program objectives, statement of work(s) and schedules to integrate into a viable SCM support plan. Ensures the support requirements are integrated into bid packages, supplier proposals, source selections, negotiation plans, and development of pre-negotiation strategies. Supports and/or leads negotiations and compliance reviews of subcontract/PO documentation. Interfaces with government clients, technical personnel and other functional organizations. Responsible for performance of multifunctional subcontract management teams (SMT/IPT). Responsible for development, management and implementation of program subcontract Affordability requirements. Leads team to develop solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of innovation and follow through. Work with program management and other areas of the business for timely conclusion of contract matters and resolution of issues.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Desired Skills: - Experience with avionics systems is preferred. Engineering backgrounds will be considered but must have some Supplier Chain Mgmt experience. Active Security clearance preferred.
- Experience in all life cycles (Production, Sustainment, Development)
- Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Program Management Skills
- Strong understanding of Systems, Applications and Processes
- Demonstrated learning agility
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
- Excellent Communication Skills (verbal, written and presentation skills)
- Ability to effectively interface with LM and supplier leadership
- Problem solving skills
- Business acumen
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Business based decision making skills
- Cost Price Analysis understanding
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) or Defense
Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), or Department of Defense Contracts
- Experience with general subcontract management or cost or quality or
schedule or technical program performance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top