Subcontract Management Staff
Description: *This position is contingent on program award****
Manage major subsystems for Advanced Pilot Trainer (APT). Tasks for this position will include dealing with multiple suppliers. Placing purchase orders and subcontract management in support of the Advanced Pilot Trainer (APT) production procurement team. Duties include cost/price analysis, negotiations, documentation, purchase order maintenance and interface with functional organizations and supplier management. Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services. Prepares bid packages, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract terms, price and schedule, routes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts. Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts. Participates with contracts administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures. Will mentor less experienced procurement professionals. Some travel required.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Desired Skills: -Demonstrated mentoring skills and training experience
- Multi-tasking skills required
- Good problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
- Excellent Communication Skills (verbal, written and presentation skills)
- Ability to effectively interface with LM and supplier leadership
- Problem solving skills
- Business acumen
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Business based decision making skills
- Cost Price Analysis understanding
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) or Defense
Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), or Department of Defense Contracts
- Experience with general subcontract management or cost or quality or
schedule or technical program performance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top