Sr Staff Electro-Optical Eng / Code V / Orlando, FL
- Orlando, FL
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking an experienced Electro-Optic (EO) and Analysis Engineer for an Orlando Florida position. The qualified EO Engineer will provide technical leadership, direction, and oversight of airborne tactical beam control development activities. This includes:
- Allocation of engineering resources for generating high and medium level system requirements to flow to Systems disciplines
- System performance modeling involving space, weight, power and cost trades
- Interfacing with Operational Analysis to develop a full laser weapons systems model to support CONOPS and production capabilities
- Technical and principal investigator leadership to develop breadboard and brass board beam control sub-systems for requirement verification
- Development of SRR, PDR, and CDR package for milestone execution
- Provide program and action plan status to Executive Management, Customer, and Associate Contractors
At the Subsystem level, the EO Engineer will generate system requirements for hardware identification and integration associated with beam control systems including:
- Illumination lasers for tracking and wave front sensing
- Wave front sensing techniques, including Shack-Hartmann and holographic techniques
- High power optics and coatings- Aperture sharing elements
- Beam walk and jitter measurement
- Acquisition sensors
- and electrical component selection for tactical packaging
In addition, The EO engineer will generate system requirements for software identification and integration associated with beam control systems including:
- Signal/image processing software required for target acquisition and handoff
- Individual sub-system software ICDs required for full system performance
- Battle management software for weapon deployment
- User interface to tactical platform
- Final report authoring to centralize program execution.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options. The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, and SeaWorld. Orlando is also home to the second largest University in the US, the University of Central Florida (UCF). Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "Space Coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center. Tampa is about 1.5 hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast. Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and have the ability to obtain an Interim Secret security clearance.
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to perform some combination of the following Electro-Optical Engineering assignments:
Demonstrate knowledge or experience of EO systems consisting of advanced optical/infrared material and coatings.
Demonstrate experience of EO systems consisting state of the art sensors, and advanced laser systems.
Demonstrate knowledge or experience in radiometric EO analysis and simulation.
Perform and analysis of EO candidate systems for both ground and airborne sensor suite applications.
Demonstrate an ability to define and/or access and utilize target threat signatures in EO modeling.
Demonstrate the ability to utilize when running EO performance analysis simulations or developing target models.
Conduct parametric studies to support advanced EO targeting sensor and seeker development.
Perform trade studies and system verification analyses to optimize candidate system performance, cost, size and weight.
Model solutions that can be fabricated for laboratory and characterization prior to development.
Perform and specification of instrumentation for integrated system level tower and field testing.
Experience with Code V, and MODTRAN is desired.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top