Sr. Program Planner
Description: Responsible for providing comprehensive program planner/scheduler management, analysis and reporting, with support of technical planning lead, in the RMS-Mission Systems business area, on proposals and performance contracts. Key responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate the customer and program management requirements to determine schedule management solution (schedule architecture, report structures, status format, frequency, etc.).
- Work directly with program team and financial analyst to establish the program measurement baseline (PMB) for cost/schedule integration.
- Conduct interviews with each of the task/activity owners and control account managers (CAMs) to ensure schedule activities are properly planned and decomposed to a detailed level commensurate with the activities' risk.
- All activities in the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) will be networked accurately for critical path management and will include sufficient schedule margin.
- Use of critical path methodology and application in network development, analysis, and problem resolution is required.
- Establish the program baseline, including the development of the following work products: IMS, IMS architecture, PSMS, cross-references, budget loading, program PPM Directive and Integrated Master Plan (IMP) if required.
- Following completion of the PMB, the program planner will maintain, status, and analyze the IMS according to program requirements and LM internal schedule management processes.
- Implement schedule planning, status and change management process consistent with customer requirements and Lockheed Martin internal processes and best practices.
- Support Earned Value Management by implementing Integrated Cost/Schedule
management processes. Prepare program reports and metrics.
- Interface with multi-discipline team and Program Manager (our internal customer) to accomplish above tasks.
Desired Skills: Financial background with previous experience with: Integrated Cost/Schedule Management, Microsoft Project, Deltek Open Plan & PM Compass, Earned Value Management, and/or Proposal or Quoting
- MS Office Suite including Project, Excel and Power Point
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Solid written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to handle change in a dynamic environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top