Sr. Network Engineer / Hill AFB
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS),
we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Network Administrator for Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) at Hill AFB.
Mission Systems and Training (MST) has a requirement for a Network Engineer to provide support to a Commercial network deployment on a US Government installation. Position requires strong working knowledge of layer 2 and 3 networking along with production and administrative procedures for a highly visible F-35 program location. Position will also assist with the design and sustainment of the overall F-35 Extranet expansion through analysis, modeling, and simulation based on rapidly expanding subscriber site activations and remote user needs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving as Network Site Support Administrator on the F-35 ALIS Extranet team.
- Assisting Extranet Team Lead with determining associated IT needs
- Reviewing network schematics, diagrams, and other program documentation to assist with development and preparation of cost estimates
- Coordinating F-35 Extranet equipment installations with LM and the local Communications facilities.
- Generating system documentation including: Diagrams, Rack Elevations, Plate/Panel Details, Electrical load specification
- Troubleshooting both LM and F-35 ALIS program equipment and supporting network equipment
- Field testing of LM and F-35 ALIS program network equipment
- Project Management to support F-35 ALIS network expansion and migration
- Provide technical training and supervision to teammates and clients.
- Provide technical assistance to clients relating to operation, use, and maintenance of LM/GFE workstations and network equipment
- Work with customers and internal personnel to manage related IT projects and provide customer service and technical support
- Coordinate with LM MST on functions for this location to include technician training, customer training programs, inventory and administrative information tracking, maintenance tracking, and vendor management - affiliated with the F-35 ALS Extranet.
- Provide tiered troubleshooting within the scope of a Problem Management and Network Management System in support of Contractor Logistics Support and F-35 ALIS program personnel
Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs. Position may require the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment.
Successful candidate must be capable of passing a Physical and must maintain their medical fitness for this position.
The selected applicant selected may be required to work at deployed locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week.
Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs. Position may require the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment and subject to all applicable U.S. Government requirements. A detailed list of these requirements will be available at the time of interview and employment will be contingent on agreement and compliance with such requirements.
Desired Skills: 1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Base Leadership (e.g. Officers and management)
2) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
3) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 hardware and software
4) Certified in Security+
5) Demonstrated network administration skills, to include:
- ability to provide high-level network, systems administration and technology management.
- development of Standard Operating Instruction and other training skills and training material development experience
- Expertise developing and maintain training materials.
- utilizing vendor relationships to support Extranet expansion and technology refresh.
- administration, troubleshooting and maintenance for network systems.
- Certifications in the following Environments: Unix, MS-, NT-, X-Windows, Linux, CCNA
- knowledge of spanning technology in switches.
6) COTS/developed software skills
7) Software Engineering background and experience
8) Integration & Test experience
Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last five years.
Candidates Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
In addition to the following:
1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or system administration process background
2) Good Communication & Verbal skills
3) Self Starter & the ability to multitask
4) Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
5) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700-1600, 1000-1900, and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
6) Prior Network administrator experience
- Experience in Layer 2 and 3 Networking.
- Experience in both Windows and Unix/Linux systems administration and operating systems.
- Experience with network routers, switches, taps and firewalls.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prepare designs for networks in relation to intrusion detection systems.
- Ability to build and work with Network modeling tools
- Demonstrated experience with the management, design, and installation of servers, routers, switches, and network taps in a business environment.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience with Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience with network hardware including but not limited to Juniper/Cisco switches, routers and Net Optics taps.
- Demonstrated PC and networking skills, including NetMeeting, conferencing servers.
- Working knowledge of reading blueprints and wiring server racks
- Systems administration experience with servers and network installations/integrations.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top