Sr. Network Administrator / Nagoya, Japan
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Network Administrator for Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for Major Repair , Overhaul and Upgrade (MRO&U) Facility to be located in Nagoya, Japan.
Receive user requirements for telecommunications services and products. Design network solutions in accordance with those requirements which fit schedule, performance and budget constraints. Identify communications hardware and software interdependencies and resolve conflicts as appropriate. Manage large scale communications project implementations and migrations. Survey new communications technologies and service price trends and recommend changes to network architecture and topology as appropriate. Establish the necessary communications hardware and software infrastructure as necessary to support network applications including e-mail, file transfer, etc. Act as second level problem determination support for operations personnel.
Must be willing to travel, to include CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
- Position may require the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment and subject to all applicable U.S. Government requirements. A detailed list of these requirements will be available at the time of interview and employment will be contingent on agreement and compliance with such requirements.
- Successful candidate must be capable of passing USN medical, dental and overseas screening requirements and must maintain their medical fitness for this position.
- The selected applicant selected may be required to work at deployed locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Deployment and continued employment is contingent upon successful receipt of Program Special Access clearances AND completion of the OJT required at Lockheed Martin's training locations prior to international assignment. Training will occur primarily at Luke AFB in Glendale, AZ. Other locations may include but are not limited to: Nellis AFB, NV, Hill AFB, UT; Eglin AFB, FL; Edwards AFB, CA; Fort Worth, TX; Orlando, FL; Yuma, AZ; Beaufort, SC.
- Relocation: Relocation is available for this exciting international assignment
Desired Skills: 1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Base Leadership (e.g. Officers and management)
2) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
3) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 hardware and software
4) Certified in Security+
5) Demonstrated network administration skills, to include:
- Ability to provide high-level network, systems administration and technology management.
- Development of Standard Operating Instruction and other training skills and training material development experience
- Expertise developing and maintain training materials.
- Administration, troubleshooting and maintenance for network systems.
- Certifications in the following Environments: Unix, MS-, NT-, XWindows, Linux, CCNA
- Knowledge of spanning technology in switches.
6) COTS/developed software skills
7) Software Engineering background and experience
8) Integration & Test experience
9) Knowledge of Japanese language and culture a plus.
Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance. Candidates must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
In addition to the following:
1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or system administration process background
2) Good Communication & Verbal skills
3) Self Starter & the ability to multitask
4) Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
5) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700 -1600, 1000-1900, and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
6) Prior Network administrator experience
- Experience in Layer 2 and 3 Networking.
- Experience in both Windows and Unix/Linux systems administration and operating systems.
- Experience with network routers, switches, taps and firewalls.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prepare designs for networks in relation to intrusion detection systems.
- Ability to build and work with Network modeling tools
- Demonstrated experience with the management, design, and installation of servers, routers, switches, and network taps in a business environment.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience with Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience with network hardware including but not limited to Juniper/Cisco switches, routers and
Net Optics taps.
- Demonstrated PC and networking skills, including NetMeeting, conferencing servers.
- Working knowledge of reading blueprints and wiring server racks
- Systems administration experience with servers and network installations/integrations.
7) Able to withstand extreme weather conditions in varying climates.
8) Able to lift and carry 100+ pounds for 25 or more yards.
9) Travel outside the local region is anticipated and will include USMC/USAF/USN/USA bases CONUS/OCONUS locations (ship or shore) in support of requirements.
10) Must meet all medical, dental and overseas screening requirements as directed by the local commander if ordered to deploy, to include completing forms DD2807, Medical Rider form, Navmed 1300-1, NavPers 1300-16.
11) Time zone differences may require adjusted shift schedule as necessary to participate in telcons or VTCs with external agencies.
12) Deployment and continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of the OJT required at Lockheed Martin's training locations prior to international assignment. These locations may include but are not limited to: Luke AFB, AZ; Nellis AFB, NV, Hill AFB, UT; Eglin AFB, FL; Edwards AFB, CA; Fort Worth, TX; Orlando, FL; Yuma, AZ; Beaufort, SC.
13) Successful candidate must be capable of passing USN medical, dental and overseas screening requirements and must maintain their medical fitness for this position as a condition of employment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top