Sr. Mission Planner / OMS Administrator, Williamtown, Australia
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Offboard Mission Systems Administrator for Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for 2OCU Squadron, Williamtown, Australia.
Performs OMS technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, supportability and effectiveness analysis for total systems. Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and acts as Subject Matter Expert for use of product suite. Coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
Provides OMS support in effort to provide the software operations for the Mission Planning, Theater Data Generation, Tactical/Intel Debrief, Air Vehicle Authentication & Crypto, Key Management, and Air Vehicle Secure Interface capabilities of the system.
OMS Administrators are expected to perform tasks to support the Offboard Mission Support Environment (OMSE). Many tasks performed by the Database Administrators and System Administrators are also tasks that are performed by an OMS Administrator.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
1) Provide, manage and support the OMSE:
a) Maintain/Install MPSE updates
b) Support pilots in Mission Planning/Debriefing Process
c) Support, administer and monitor associated hardware/software
2) Perform data management of mission planning and mission recorded data.
3) Maintain and store associated security logs and audit data.
4) Install and configure MPSE on the appropriate units at the site.
5) Setup user accounts with different levels of software/data access.
6) Maintain mission planning data/databases.
7) Perform cryptographic key loading and processing, and review audit logs.
Relocation to Australia and continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of the OJT required at Lockheed Martin's training locations prior to international assignment. These locations may include but are not limited to: Luke AFB, AZ; Nellis AFB, NV, Hill AFB, UT; Eglin AFB, FL; Edwards AFB, CA; Fort Worth, TX; Orlando, FL; Yuma, AZ; Beaufort, SC.
Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs. Position may require the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment and subject to all applicable Australian government requirements.
Desired Skills: 1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Base Leadership (e.g. Officers and management)
2) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
3) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 hardware and software
4) Certified in Security+
a) Demonstrated network administration skills, to include:
Ability to provide high-level network, systems administration and technology management.
b) Development of Standard Operating Instruction and other training skills and training material development experience
c) Expertise developing and maintain training materials.
d) Administration, troubleshooting and maintenance for network systems.
e) Certifications in the following Environments: Unix, MS, NT, XWindows, Linux, CCNA
5) Knowledge of spanning technology in switches.
6) COTS/developed software skills
7) Software Engineering background and experience
8) Integration & Test experience
Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance. Candidates must be able to attain and maintain a US DoD Top Secret clearance.Candidates must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
Candidates must demonstrate:
1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or system administration process background
2) Good Communication & Verbal skills
3) Self Starter & the ability to multitask
4) Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) and DoD Top Secret clearances
5) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700 -1600, 1000-1900, and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
6) Systems administration experience with servers and network installations/integrations.
7) Able to withstand extreme weather conditions in varying climates.
8) Able to lift and carry 100+ pounds for 25 or more yards.
9) Travel outside the local region is anticipated and will include RAAF and USAF bases CONUS/OCONUS locations in support of requirements.
10) Time zone differences may require adjusted shift schedule as necessary to participate in telcons or VTCs with external agencies.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top