Sr Member Eng Stf - Power Subsystems Engineer
- Moorestown, NJ
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is for a highly motivated Electrical Engineer knowledgeable in the area of power electronics. Candidate will design and develop advanced power supplies, power systems and power distribution for radar and other military systems. This includes managing requirements, maintaining power budgets, performing detailed analysis, component selection, schematic creation, power cable design and supporting build/test of the designed sub-assemblies. In this role you will meet or exceed project milestones within the technical/cost/schedule scope of the project.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineer
- Minimum of six (6) years of proven experience working on power subsystems, modeling & simulation, architectures, trade studies, integration & test, requirements, verification, validation, system test, design integration, etc.
- Working knowledge of commercial power supply requirements as pertaining to military applications.
- Ability to support top level architecture design including participation with subsystem engineers, and component engineers in developing B-level and C-level specifications as well as create control plans, guidelines, test procedures, and test reports.
- Proven performance in specification, development and
testing of power systems, circuit design analysis and testing.
- Ability to perform complex simulation models for both conceptual power system design approaches and existing systems.
- Flexibility, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to work well in team environments is desired.
- The candidate should also be a hands on individual that desires to work with actual hardware.
- Candidate must be able to obtain & maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
- PSpice or Equivalent industry accepted simulation programs.
- DC/DC Converter Design Knowledge
- AC/DC Converter Design Knowledge
- Hands on experience: supporting PCB layout, working in the lab managing sub-system modifications for specification compliance, qualifying, alternate part for discontinued components, and solving oscillation issues.
- Power conversion
- Low Frequency Analog Design
- Familiar with military requirements such as MIL-STD-1399, MILSTD-704, and MIL-STD-461.
- Design for pulsed load applications
- Design for high power applications
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top