Sr Infrastructure Systems Engineer
- Mt Laurel, NJ
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This Systems Engineering position will support multiple Integrated Warfare Systems & Sensors (IWSS) Line of Business (LOB) programs. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will handle the development of element and component-level behavioral analysis, system performance analysis, modeling, requirements development, test plan/procedure development and test execution. Utilize your knowledge of -based real-time platform and middleware service concepts, architectures, and products, with a focus on designing and provisioning Platform-as-a-Service (PaaSs) for orchestrating application container images to a scalable computing infrastructure suite so that it is flexible, extensible, elastic, secure and reliable. You will play a role in our cloud migration, helping to prepare application teams for deployments directly to an on-prem cloud environment. Involves building platform Service Fabric services such as Identity, Authentication and Authorization, Service Registration and Discovery, Deployment and Provisioning. Also, delivery of systems and services as per the solution architecture for both the platform and the applications running on top of the platform.
To be successful, you will need to:
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into a total system solution that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, computational performance analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into platform and service specifications.
- Author verification test plans, test procedures and executing verification testing and perform system integration.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Information Systems
- Experience in systems analysis, design, requirements development, integration and test of - based real-time services associated with service availability management, orchestration, data storage, data distribution, data extraction, time distribution, and/or telemetry.
- Strong understanding of cloud concepts: virtualization technologies, IaaS, PaaS, HA, distributed systems, and cloud delivery models. Experience with both cloud-native and traditional application architectures. Knowledge and understanding of cloud security policies
- Experience in designing and provisioning PaaS Infrastructure that includes service mesh, orchestration, discovery and messaging. Experience with technologies such as istio, Consul, Envoy, Kafka and RTI DDS pub/sub technology would be beneficial. Experience migrating large, monolithic applications to microservices/containerized services, running on the PaaS.
- Experience in systems, automation, and configuration management
- Understanding of monitoring and alerting for platform events and issues
- Proficiency in infrastructure, network, database, or security troubleshooting and remediation. Understanding of web and network protocols such as HTTP/S, TCP/IP, DNS
- Ability to develop test scripts (bash, csh, perl) and software test drivers (C/C++ and Java) to exercise middleware service test procedures on multiple -based platforms.
- Ability to identify and isolate system defects during integration and test activities. It is expected that the candidate has experience with the use of test diagnostics tools, such as debuggers, message injectors, hardware and network analyzers and simulators.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security clearance.
- Ability to prepare briefings and technical reports and excellent oral and written communication.
- Understanding of software product family engineering principles related to the definition of reference architectures, product variants and methods to manage product variation.
- Understanding of software configuration management practices, leveraging tools such as GitLab.
- Ability to define and document system structural and behavioral analysis models necessary for the definition of requirements specifications and verification test threads. Experience with SysML/UML preferred.
- Ability to decompose, define and document system performance requirements and associated key measurements of effectiveness.
- Ability to decompose, define and document software requirements specifications (SRS) associated with the definition of PaaS and middleware microservices.
- Ability to conduct product selection and design trade studies that evaluate service stakeholder needs against product/design alternatives.
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that developed PaaS services meet documented SRS.
- Ability to review detailed software designs and developed source code. Knowledge of formal software system integration and test methods associated with verification, regression and performance analysis. Ability to effectively construct and execute verification, regression and performance analysis test plans and procedures, according to existing work instructions. Experience with pipeline deployment and test automation technologies, such as Ansible, Jenkins and Robot.
Other Training: Agile, , SysML/UML/Rhapsody/MagicDraw/Cameo, , Shell scripting (Bash, Csh, Perl), C/C++, Java, Software test and debug tools, PaaS, orchestration, containerization, service mesh and provisioning technologies, DevOps methods and pipeline technologies, Ansible, Jenkins and Robot, Gitlab, Nexus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top