Sr. Cyber Security Systems Engineer
- Endicott, NY
Description:At Lockheed Martin, we are passionate about innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our capacity - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, education and background.
Cybersecurity engineering is an evolving field, our processes and approaches are evolving to meet those challenges. We're looking for engineers who can synthesize technical and process information from multiple sources to develop innovative solutions in fluid problem spaces.
As a cybersecurity engineer, Lockheed Martin invites you to apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate and verify resilient cyber solutions across the product lifecycle.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct cyber risk assessment activities including threat modeling, vulnerability analysis and analysis of mitigation solutions.
- Develop, evaluate and analyze design constrains, trade-offs and detailed system and security design as they pertain to the cyber domain.
- Coordinate with cyber and system architects and developers to provide oversight in the development of solutions.
- Conduct cybersecurity test and evaluation of hardware and/or software designs to verify and validate compliance with defined specifications and requirements.
- Employ cyber security processes, methods, techniques and tools and assure their consistent application.
- Implement appropriate assessment and authorization activities as the need arises by customers.
In addition to the responsibilities highlighted above we offer extensive benefits to include competitive 401k and insurance. We remain an equal opportunity company.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• 5+ years of technical Systems Engineering or Avionics System Design experience with DOD systems.
• A desire to learn, grow, and share knowledge in the cybersecurity domain.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities, be well organized, flexible, and self-motivated.
• Ability to communicate effectively with systems engineers, network engineers and software developers.
All of the above or current Cyber Acceleration Program (CAP) member.
• A desire to pursue a role within the Cyber Systems Engineering career field through the LM Cyber Acceleration Program (CAP) while gaining hands on experience as a Cyber Systems Engineering teasm member.
• Engineers who can synthesize technical and process data from multiple sources to develop innovative solutions in fluid problem spaces.
• Ability to address design solutions from multiple points of view.
• Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering/CAMEO tools is a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top