Spacecraft Systems Engineer
- Littleton, CO
Description: Have you always wanted to know about Space Protection Programs (SPP) ?
When you join SPP you will be part of one of the most innovative and fastest moving organizations in Space. Come help build end-to-end Space Security Systems for the DoD and other customers. Our cutting edge capabilities assure the security and health of our nation's space assets. We push the boundary of what gets done in space. One day people may hear the full story of your achievements. When the history books are written, they may discover the critical role you've played to defeat the enemies of freedom. Come be one of the women and men working quietly to keep the light of liberty shining.
As a Spacecraft Systems Engineer, you will:
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions
• Establish system architecture and CONOPS, perform system trades and analysis, flow down the architecture and CONOPS into requirements and interfaces, and support verification planning
• Use your excellent communication skills to work across the Lockheed Martin organization and customer/user community to ensure consensus and understanding of solutions
• Be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and releasing requirements specification documents, including defining the requirements and verification baseline
• Support requirements, design, and verification team projects and coordinate regularly with key partners to maintain program objectives
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience in one or more Systems Engineering functions, such as:
a.) Subsystem design or analysis
b.) CONOPS development
c.) System modeling or analysis
d.) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
• Demonstrated ability to work with multiple engineering disciplines to identify technical product characteristics to develop requirements specifications
• Writing requirements documentation and coordinating release through approval process
• DOORS or similar tool for requirements management, decomposition and publication
• Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with polygraph, and additional candidate screening will apply
• Experience in spacecraft requirements and verification of requirements
• Experience with change management tools processes
• Ability to define and document solutions to complex problems and to convey solutions to both senior management and to other internal/external teams
• Familiarity with program and design review process (SRR, PDR, CDR, FRR, etc.)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience coordinating with multiple key partners
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
• Space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
• Master's Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top