Software Systems Engineer, Sr
Description: Performs technical planning, system integration, system test, and test analysis for a large system of systems (SoS) composed of near real-time tactical applications, and ensures the integrated SoS is both suitable and appropriate for its end use. Analyzes SoS interface requirements, defines input/output parameters, produces SoS test plans and procedures, performs installations, coordinates subsystem and SoS level testing activities with programs and other organizations, conducts SoS level testing, and analyzes test results and system performance. Troubleshoots and solves SoS hardware, networking, and software interface issues. Provides analysis for future hardware and software specifications. Designs, develops, and maintains a suite of integration and test tools.
The successful candidate for this position must be willing to work off-shift and extended shifts in support of program milestones and support dockside test events, as necessary.
Desired Skills: - Software troubleshooting and debugging proficiency
- Network troubleshooting proficiency
- Systems Analysis proficiency
- Hardware knowledge
- Familiarity with message protocols, specifically AMQP message protocol and GPB encoding
- Experience with submarine combat system subsystems (e.g., SONAR, Imaging, Tactical Control)
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to work as a part of a diverse team, both in support and leadership functions, depending on the circumstance.
- Software development experience
- Network hardware/software configuration experience
- System (software, hardware, network) troubleshooting familiarity
- Problem issue reporting and tracking experience
- Systems analysis experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Back to top