Software Systems Engineer - Common Product Line
- Endicott, NY
Description:At Lockheed Martin, we are passionate about innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our capacity - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, education and background.
Do you want to be part of an environment that encourages and supports employees to think big, perform with quality and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the resourcefulness and courage to work hard, Then we want to build a better tomorrow with you. Come and experience your future!
The Lockheed Martin Mission Systems Engineering organization is looking for Software Systems Engineers to join our team. The selected individuals will work as part of a dynamic agile development team supporting requirements development and integration
Activities of software-centric systems for military aircraft platforms. Activities and responsibilities will include collaborating with multiple engineering subject areas (hardware, software and test engineering) to define software requirements, specifications and other design artifacts associated with the Lockheed Martin Common Product Line (CPL).
The candidate will participate in an agile development environment to establish requirements and documentation for reusable software components per the CPL process. The individual will utilize the Digital Transformation concepts including sophisticated modelling, test automation, and Agile development processes to define system capabilities.
OWEGO, NEW YORK IS LOCATED ABOUT 200 MILES
Northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the Southern Tier". The region is home to Binghamton University, Ithaca College and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, &
PHILADELPHIA ARE ALL WITHIN A FEW HOURS' DRIVE FROM
Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint
country shops, riverside restaurants, wineries, craft breweries, festivals and a breathtaking river make this region a phenomenal place to live.
In addition to the responsibilities highlighted above we offer extensive benefits that include competitive 401k and insurance. We remain an equal opportunity company.
• Must be able to obtain DoD Secret Security
• Experience with software-centric requirements development utilizing DO-178 processes for high-level and low-level requirements.
• Familiarity with Systems Engineering tools such as DOORS, Rhapsody, JIRA, and Confluence.
• Experience applying modern engineering practices for Digital Transformation initiatives
including Agile, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), and Test Automation.
• Understanding of a broad set of common aircraft technologies and interfaces (e.g. sensors, mission systems, software designs, human machine interfaces, Ethernet, 1553)
• Ability to communicate on all levels both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers; demonstrated technical leadership.
• Able to work independently as well as in a team
• Familiarity with the Lockheed Martin - Owego
Common Product Line (CPL) initiative and process.
• Experience leading teams through engineering
development and successfully delivering products.
• Avionics Systems engineering experience,
preferably working military programs across the
entire program life cycle.
• Ability to manage technical, cost, and schedule.
• Systems Engineering Qualification
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Back to top