Software Quality Engr Stf / Orlando, FL
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This requisition is for a Level-4 Systems/Software Quality Engineer on the LM Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) F-35 Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) program in Orlando, FL. The position will interface directly with and take technical direction from the LM RMS F-35 ALIS Quality Program Manager (QPM) on Software Quality Engineering (SQE) efforts, task, priorities. Functionally, this position reports to the LM RMS Engineering Quality Assurance (EQA) Center of Excellence (COE) Manager. The successful candidate must be self-directed and have a demonstrated history of strong performance executing and leading a variety of QA responsibilities/tasks on development and sustainment efforts. The successful candidate is expected to quickly come-up to speed with the F-35 ALIS products, technical requirements, program risks, delivery milestone schedule and allocated budgets for the SQE work scope. The F-35 Software Quality Engineer's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working Lead of Software Quality Engineering LRIP/production and sustainment efforts, ensuring tasks are tracked, appropriately prioritized, completed on time, issues are adequately addressed, SQE procedures/checklists are current and followed, and personnel are trained and competent.
• Represent and champion quality efforts as an engaged member of the F35 ALIS change control and review boards (ERB/RCB/ACAB) ensuring process compliance, engineering due diligence, interdependencies are identified, and sound engineering principles are applied.
• Lead Root Cause Analysis efforts and develop associated corrective action plans, evaluate process/product performance, lead continuous improvement efforts, train team members in RCA practices. Demonstrate a working knowledge of various RCA methods i.e. Apollo. Fishbone, DUO.
• Working Lead of the ALIS QMS Process Audit program, drafting the yearly schedule, tracking completion, performing process audits, and training/mentoring team members.
• Support AGILE SW development efforts with key focus on transitioning to production/sustainment and perform as SDD Lead backup as required.
• Support security/information assurance activities, test events, and accreditation and certification activities.
• Provide monthly inputs/metrics on quality activities to the F-35 ALIS QPM.
• Represent the ALIS SQE team during program milestone events locally and at customers sites - occasional travel is required.
Desired Skills: - F-35 contract experience
- Contractual/SOW compliance, CAM, BOE, and Proposal experience
- Knowledge of LM RMS processes and procedures
- Possess an Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain secret clearance and advanced security clearances as needed by the program.
- Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
• Demonstrated SME in Q&MS related processes, techniques, and systems.
• Considered SME in performing AS9100 and CMMI process audits.
• Certified LM21 Greenbelt and in depth root cause analysis experience.
• Demonstrated experience leading and performing software quality engineering teams and efforts, including requirements review, development, code/peer reviews, integration, test methods/execution and functional requirement sell-off, documentation development and reviews, product and process audits, troubleshooting/issue resolution, and process improvement.
• Demonstrated experience performing/leading Quality efforts on both development and sustainment projects.
• Working knowledge / experienced with the entire System & Software Lifecycle to include requirements verification, design, development, integration and test, production and sustainment, understanding software dependencies, process flow and development methodologies.
• Experience working with military customers.
• Experience working with complex IT systems/infrastructures.
• High energy, self-starting, team player who achieves goals and is adept at identifying issues/gaps and working to closure.
• Excellent interpersonal skills needed for collaboration, communication, and presentations. Skilled at building partnering relationships at all levels, building trust with customers, and proactively addressing issues.
• Must be agreeable to occasional travel.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Must have the ability to obtain secret clearance and advanced security clearances as needed by the program.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin's Employees
Whitley’s job is all about integrating data sets that will efficiently and effectively move projects through visualization and development stages to final deployment.
Back to top