Software Quality Engineer
Description:In this position, you will be responsible for implementation and performance to Aero Codes related to Systems and Software Quality (SSQ) department, assigned engineer will be predominately focused on software quality tasks on the IFG Programs. Successful applicant will work with engineering software developers to ensure compliance to Company, IPT and SSQ requirements under supervision. Perform/assist process, product, vendor and special quality evaluations/audits and author reports of same. Review and give input to RFQ, RFP's, etc. Provide SSQ management with metrics, reports, schedules, and other support as necessary. In this position you will be expected to occasionally travel and work off-shift and weekends.
Must be a US Citizen; this position requires a government security clearance. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• Master's degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or a related discipline, or any other technical degree with comparable Quality experience.
• Demonstrated experience performing data analytics (e.g., statistical analysis and/or metrics).
• Experience as a software developer or in a software quality role.
• Experience with or knowledge of software life cycle.
• Ability to work off-shift and weekends.
• High energy, self-starting, team player able to prioritize and manage assigned tasks and ensure work is completed on time
• Ability to travel
• Demonstrated quality science expertise in one or more of the following areas: statistical analysis, statistical process control, sampling, six sigma, and/or root cause analysis.
• Preference for prior experience performing defect problem analysis.
• Knowledge (prior class or job experience/exposure) of Agile methodologies.
• Knowledge (prior class or job experience/exposure) of C++ programming language in order to review software code (e.g., prior class in C++ or job experience).
• Knowledge of Ada programming language in order to review software code.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, collaboration, written and verbal communication skills, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrate business acumen, strong problem solving, decision making, analytical capabilities, and judgment to provide sound recommendations.
• Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks/assignments, manage time effectively, and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency with MS Office software tools including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Preference for Master's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, and/or Science.
Back to top